PRS Griffon Girl Checks In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Griffon Girl Checks In

In addition to Jason Somes in the CAF Bearcat (there for display only I think) GG reports... So far a few sports, including Kevin Eldridge in his NXT, Dan Martin in Dago, Jim Martinelli in Grim Reaper... now owned by Sol Rubino... Mike Brown in September Pops... Please forgive any spelling errors in these names!

W
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: PRS Griffon Girl Checks In

What's the story on Griffongirl? I used to see her posts here all the time during the early years of this board, but she more or less dropped off the face of the planet a few years ago. I always enjoyed her reporting of the results. Is she making a comeback to this board, or is she going to live in "retirement"?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      In addition to Jason Somes in the CAF Bearcat (there for display only I think)
      WOW the biplane guys and gals are sure gonna be surprised when Jason tells them to get in the Bearcat for their check ride ... LOL
      Or is Jason gonna come out of retirement and license in the unlimited class... Wonder if the CAF knows what he's gonna do with the Bearcat...

... All in good fun ... or As the propeller turns...
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Man do I love this board.

Thanks and keep reports comming for us that can't be there 'till Thurs. They are greatly apreciated

Comment

Sal Rubino has owned the GRIM REAPER since 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by RMB
            Sal Rubino has owned the GRIM REAPER since 1999.
            whups...

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Here I go again... shooting my mouth off on something I think to be true.. I'm sure Wayne will correct me if I am wrong..

GG was a contributor to this forum / web sight while she was in school getting her degree in journalism. She graduated and has taken a job that she works very hard at, and is very sucesful doing. While she would love to spend time here and treat us with her compelling reporting abilities, she has very little time to do so.

I think that is close to the facts.

Wolfee

Comment

Hi all,
                I'm still alive and kicking! The day job has me hopping from one coast to the other lately.

My free time has been limited so I've been lurking more than posting but don't think that I'm not keeping an eye or two on you all!

dvddude, AAFO has changed the way we've been reporting and the official RARA site has been posting speeds as fast as they can so I've spent more time out in the field taking photos during PRS and the races. I tend to stay out of trouble that way so it's safer for all!

Also, just to give you guys a little more info on today escapades:

AT-6:
                - Vic McMann (brother of Keith McMann - Red Knight T-6), flew his AT-6 named Gunslinger race #66 for PRS
                - John Zayac brought his beautiful race #37 but interestingly enough, he had "Two of Hearts" prop on the plane which looked a bit weird.

Unlimited:
                - Mike Brown brought Sept. Pops in today. It sounds like 232 has a new engine but it's up in the air as to whether 232 will make the races in 2008.
                - A new P-51 showed up today with the name of "The Rebel". The lettering on the plane says "Capt. John Joiner" on one side and "Doug Matthews" on the other, so your guess is as good as mine.
                - Wayne already mentioned the "Grim Reaper" that was flown here by Jim Martinelli and Dan Martin flew Dago Red in today as well.

*No sign of Steve Hinton Jr, Tiger, or Strega yet (4:00pm).
                *Stopped by the bear cave and saw a bare bear! The paint is gone and she's down to primer.

Sport:
                There are about 14 sport class planes here. Most are the usual suspects like Dave Morss, Lee Biehl (sp?), Kevin Eldridge and there are some other faces such as Vicki Cruise, George Gibvoney (sp?) (in a Thunder Mustang!), and a few others.

IF-1:
                Scotty Crandlemire sold his plane to a gentleman named John from Austrailia who is participating in PRS and excited to race in September.

Anyway, that's all I have for now....

-gg
                Attached Files

Comment

Wolfee, that was fairly close to the truth!

When I started posting here I was working on my degree but it was actually a Bachelors degree in Software Engineering at OIT. I've since gone on to get my Masters degree as well.

Since then, I have taken a job that I definitely work very hard at and absolutely love what I do (actually make pretty good $$ for as well - go figure?!?)

I'm not so sure that I would agree with the "compelling reporting abilities" - I just call 'em as I see 'em! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy what news I can provide. I wish you all were here to enjoy PRS as well!

Thank you,
                  -gg

Comment

Originally posted by GriffonGirl
                    Hi all,
                    I'm still alive and kicking! -gg
                    Thank you for the updates, the're always appreciated!
                    Any rumors of the Bear coming out of the cave?
                    Do you know the N# on the new Mustang?
                    Thanks again
                    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

If the markings on the tail are accurate then the new Mustang could be this one:

Info from warbirdregistry.org

Serial #: 44-84933
                      Construction #:
                      124-44789
                      Civilian Registration:
                      N2874D
                      CF-RUT
                      N201F
                      Model: P-51D-25NT
                      Name: None
                      Last Info: 2002

History:
                      Delivered to USAAF as 44-84933, 19??.
                      - Put up for dispossal, McClellan AFB, CA, Sept. 20, 1957.
                      Earl V. Dakin, Sacaramento, CA, Sept. 20, 1957.
                      - Acquired for $2,160.
                      - Registered as N2874D.
                      Douglas W. Brown/Mustang Aviation, Great Falls, MT, Nov. 1958-1962.
                      Kathleen C. Murphy, Great Falls, MT, Oct. 8, 1962-1964.
                      - Dismantled.
                      Edward G. Fleming, Calgary, Alberta, Mar. 10, 1964-1965.
                      - Trucked from Great Falls to Calgary for rebuild.
                      - Registered as CF-RUT, Aug. 4, 1965.
                      Donald F. McGillivray, Nanaimo, BC, Aug. 13, 1965-1967.
                      Charles E. Roberts/Calg-Air Sales, Calgary, Nov. 4, 1967.
                      Futrell Aircraft Sales, Hot Springs, AR, Dec. 12, 1967.
                      - Registered as N201F.
                      Alexander J. Edelman, Great Neck, NY, 1969.
                      Suffolk Flight Associates, Huntington, NY, June 1969-1972.
                      John J. Mark, Milwaukee, WI, 1978-1984.
                      John J. Mark, MA Inc, Oshkosh, WI, 1984-2002.
                      Last edited by Lance; 06-17-2008, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Hey Griffie,

Good to see you still have your finger on the pulse of what's happening at Reno. Look for the crew to show up on Thursday, and we have a lot of catching up to do. Trigger fingers at the ready and keep your eye on the turning propeller. Are we all getting together for some brew's or what? Scope out a good watering hole and we can all drop by. Thanks for the updates and keep them coming.

Dave

Comment

Hey Griffongirl, thanks for answering the questions and welcome back! I wish you much success on your new career and best of luck! Thanks for the reporting and say hi every once in a while here!

Comment

Working...
                          X