Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of the cable or satellite networks televise the races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of the cable or satellite networks televise the races?

I'd even be willing to pay-to-view them if it was available. With all the garbage they have on the hundreds of channels they could certainly use one of them to show the races.

Re: Do any of the cable or satellite networks televise the races?

Originally posted by grampi
    I'd even be willing to pay-to-view them if it was available. With all the garbage they have on the hundreds of channels they could certainly use one of them to show the races.
    I don't know of any. The RARA site does have a podcast http://www.airrace.org/podcastIndex.php

Comment

It seems that getting coverage of the races to TV is just too tough of a sell to ever accomplish successfully.

However important it is to race fans who flock to Reno in the tens of thousands annually, it is considered a "niche" event and rarely gets coverage...

Anyone remember pretty much weekly coverage of swamp buggy racing? Lawn mower racing?

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        It seems that getting coverage of the races to TV is just too tough of a sell to ever accomplish successfully.

However important it is to race fans who flock to Reno in the tens of thousands annually, it is considered a "niche" event and rarely gets coverage...

Anyone remember pretty much weekly coverage of swamp buggy racing? Lawn mower racing?

NASCRAP?

Comment

It's in the works, and it might not happen as quick as we would like, but it will happen.

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

Like I said, considering all the garbage they do televise, they could forego something like the poker tournament (I can't believe people actually watch other peole play cards on TV?????) to show the air races.

Comment

Working...
            X