CO to stop serving RNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO to stop serving RNO

Continental Airlines announced they will terminate service to Reno in September sometime, along with many other destinations. How the heck I am supposed to get to the "Biggest Little City" now from Houston?

Tommy

PS (I like nonstops)

Re: CO to stop serving RNO

Drive non stop to Dallas, and fly American.

Comment

And pay $15.00 for your checked bags.

Comment

Southworst. I have always got the best combo deals on flight / car / hotel through their vacation bookings. I am in Dallas, so I'm sure the deals out of Houston will be similar.

Comment

Agree, go with Southwest. They may treat you like cattle getting on board but so far the baggage is free and a 737 is a 737.

Looking at the Southwest website, they fly out of Houston and Reno...not sure if it's nonstop

Don
          Last edited by hattend; 06-12-2008, 03:22 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
            Drive non stop to Dallas, and fly American.
            Not with gas at $4/gallon (maybe $5 by then) You'll spend as much in gas to Dallas round trip as the plane ticket.

Comment

Yeah, looks like SW will be the ticket. I flew to RNO on my Honeymoon a few years back - pretty good. Not nonstop, but no other choice. If the choice is Air Racing vs staying home because of no nonstop service.....I'll make as many plane changes as needed.

Don't get me started on the checked bag fee. I've already been on my soapbox on a local forum about that. Ridiculous idea!
              So far, so good for CO and SWA on those dumb fees!

Tommy

Comment

Working...
              X