Jack Rousch to fly a P-51.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Rousch to fly a P-51.......

.....at the michigan race this sunday, should be covered in HD and dolby sound

Re: Jack Rousch to fly a P-51.......

They got the plane right, name wrong. It's not named after that horses you know what anymore. It's Gentleman Jim.

Comment

He's got 2 to choose from, Gentleman Jim and the "new" Old Crow.... -B w/Malcom hood now flying.

Chris

Comment

Actually, I think Jacks "fly by" will be before the "Truck Race", Saturday..Hope the TV coverage is good..........rgr... To add, that race is listed as being on "Speedvision" at 2:30 EDT Saturday, June 14...
        Last edited by RGRSTNDGBY; 06-12-2008, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
          They got the plane right, name wrong. It's not named after that horses you know what anymore. It's Gentleman Jim.
          Your right, dang that just pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!

It's our Mustang that is "named after that horses you know what"!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It'll be a really cool deal all around......Let's see how good Jack's timing is with the national anthem and come across the field in the last stanza....that's the trick!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing this...I think the cameramen/women will take extra time with this fly by....not just a few seconds like normal! I think they know who he is!!!!
            Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

He almost Died a few years back when He had a crash in one of his other planes... I believe it was some type of a Multi-engine, I remember during Pre-race before one of the Nascar races that year he was all bandaged up and resting at his house and the reporter asked him what he missed the most since he had been recovering ( I believe he meant what he missed the most about Nascar) But Jack had a smile on his face and replied, The sound of my P-51 Mustang when I crank 'er up
              Last edited by RRMERLIN7; 06-13-2008, 06:08 AM.
              W.Hughes

Comment

IfI recall correctly he ditched it in the drink and someone dove in and pulled him out.

Comment

Right you are...'The report said he was the only one aboard the plane and was pulled from the wreckage by someone who lives near the crash site. Smith said the plane was a twin-engined experimental "Aircam," not Roush's P-51 Mustang World War II fighter plane, as had been speculated.'

Lonnie

Originally posted by flyingjibus
                  IfI recall correctly he ditched it in the drink and someone dove in and pulled him out.

Comment

So Jack not only "hit his marks" on the button, but his truck won the race as well.. A good day all around for "The Cat in The Hat"...rgr...

Comment

Jack did a fine job doing the fly by in formation with two T-6's! Just wondering if the P-51 was one of Chuck Yeager's former planes?

Frank C.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank C.
                        Jack did a fine job doing the fly by in formation with two T-6's! Just wondering if the P-51 was one of Chuck Yeager's former planes?

Frank C.
                        bad question, might rise the ire in a few here

BTW - it was probably his P-51D "Gentleman Jim"

Comment

Sorry. I was under the impression the airplane was still named Glamorous Glenn III. Did not mean to raise anybody's ire. I was getting my info from Nascar's website.

Frank C.
                          Last edited by Frank C.; 06-15-2008, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X