Shameless Job seeking for my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless Job seeking for my son

Well i assume this post has about zero chance of staying up, but i promised my son i wouold do what it takes to help him as his goal is to find a team to work with in FY09.

Christopher is 12 years old and has been soaking it up from the Bear crew and the Argonaut crew for the last two years, following Ben around for days and creating the lego Rare Bear and numerous drawings for many of the crews out there. Good to be 12, he was actually on the wing of the Bear last year when they were celebrating their win.

Anyway, given i know there are a lot of crews that look at these boards, I figured I would give it a shot. I will pay his way in and ensure he is there however many hours it takes for him to succeed if you happen to have an oppurtunity for him. He has stated he is willing to do anything to get on a crew, and has plans to talk to everyone he sees at PRS next week.

If anyone has anything he would do please let me know as the air races are one of his passions, and it drives him to succeed after a long talk from Ben one day.

Thanks and see everyone at PRS.

Re: Shameless Job seeking for my son

Nope, not goona close this post. A 12 year olds dream is to important to to be crushed in that mannor.

I was 12 years old and had the same dream. My dad had the contacts to get me in with him as a tag along tech inspector (fetch boy more like it) for a few years. I will always remember those years with very fond memories...

Good luck to you and your son!

Wolfee

Comment

You da man Wolfee and if we ever cross paths the cold ones are on me.

Comment

Keep this post going. I was taking in by Jimmy DeSanto who was one of the post- war race pilots in Cleveland when I was 14 & haven't miss many air races since then & I'm now 76.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

There was never any question that this thread would be removed???

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Perhaps he meant up at the top of the threads due to lack of response?

If nothing else I can get him a "job" in Section Three.

Comment

No shame in helping the dream of a twelve year old. I may have met this young lad last year, I look forward to seeing him at PRS.

Lonnie
              Last edited by MMPerk; 06-10-2008, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys for all being cool. I was just worried this was a little out of the normal conversation

Section 3 huh, my son is a pit snob but if you guys got planes over there I am sure he is down. Just do not teach him anything I would not, i.e. he can only bring you two beers, not three at a time

You know in all the years i have been going out to the races and I have been going for the better part of 25 years, (I am 35) I have never wondered down there. Consider the first round on me next year as i need to earn my wings
                Last edited by Dave65882; 06-10-2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Oh Heck no!! I know you emailed me, but I've yet to have time to push the right buttons to try to make it work.. "Officially" age might play a part but... unofficially, I think your boy is already pretty steeped into the Rare Bear pit...

If you're gonna be at PRS.. just go talk to Dave or Bonnie....

Don't have to be "official" on paper, as long as he gets to wipe or do something helpful (wiping the RB can be a REALLY important position, after all!)

Just commo with the right folks.. my guess is, if he's got a rag in hand, he's gonna be "on the team" whether in spirit or in fact!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Exactly. Official does not mean anything to him, he just wants to be a part of something he loves.

See ya next week and thanks for everything.

Comment

Good on you for pushing the dream of your son.

Comment

Have you thought about being a NagExpress Volunteer? You get to go everywhere and meet everybody (bring your own bicycle)...D.

Comment

No as I have actually not heard of the NagExpress Volunteer. What exactly is it?

Thanks

Comment

NAG Express is one of the volunteer jobs that members of the National Air racing Group (NAG) does at the races.
                            First you must be a member of NAG.
                            The Express delivers the pairings and race results to various people and places. Because they have individual routes, and the races are are run all five days, it is a committment of time. They have a long history, and very few drop-outs. Many of them have been on the job since the beginning, about 14 or 15 years ago.
                            Betty Sherman, Treasurer
                            National Air Racing Group.
                            Last edited by ShermB; 06-11-2008, 02:00 PM.

Comment

We had lots of people offer help over the years, but I don't recall anyone offering to wipe the oil out of the drip pan under the airplane (that was generally the pilot's job) or wax the "race truck." Either of those would certainly have gotten our attention.

I think what I'm saying is: offer to do whatever dirty job is needed...and mean it.

TJ

Comment

Working...
                              X