shawn quiz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shawn quiz?

ok i am too nice no one excuded on this name the plane and location and year photo by my dad Shawn
    Attached Files

Re: shawn quiz?

Mojave -- 1979 I think though possibly 1978. Curtiss SNC-1

Comment

I cheated. The close resemblance with the Demon made me look it up for more info, just out of curiosity. The plane pictured is actually the sole civil version of the CW-22 line known as the CW-A22. Built in 1939 it held the civil registration N500G after the war. I believe you can make out that N-number. The CW-A22 served as the basis for the SNC-1. The same plane is now on display in the Evergreen Museum.

LVSYS Web Design provides affordable websites for businesses of all sizes. Call 503 468 4880 and get yours today!

Evergreen Aviation Museum - Photo taken at McMinnville - Municipal (MMV / KMMV) in Oregon, USA on March 19, 2005.
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Shawn, Boy does that shot bring back memories. Roger Brower took me
        up in a borowed T-34 in hopes of getting some air-air shots of the CW-22 when it departed. Unfortuneatly it was a spure of the moment idea and by the time we got airborne the Curtiss was a rapidly receeding speck as it's pilot chased the setting sun westward. Being Mojave we switched to "plan B", turned the landing light on and made a few very low level head-on "straffing passes" on a couple of west bound freight trains, those were the days!

Frank

Comment

Curtis Falcon, Mojave 1978 or1979, I was there but I cannot remember the year. I do remember the owner sayng that if you put a finger print on it you would have to polish it out.
          John

Comment

Dang. I'm sitting here thinking I remember seeing that plane at Mojave, and then it hit, the geek with the big hair and Haliburton case is me!
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Working...
            X