P-40's on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-40's on Ebay

If anyone is interested there is a group of 3 P-40 projects for sale on Ebay, listing # 160246352745. Fathers Day present for someone.
    Tad

Re: P-40's on Ebay

March 24,1945
    P-40N 43-24362 Crashed due to Engine Failure
    342CCTS Perry AAF, FL
    Pilot Rom, Roy C
    5M SW Old Town, FL
    Last edited by Victor Archer; 06-05-2008, 05:22 PM.
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by rjmech
      If anyone is interested there is a group of 3 P-40 projects for sale on Ebay, listing # 160246352745. Fathers Day present for someone.
      Tad
      Somebody tell my wife and kids...

Comment

One of the people I work with just told me he would consider buying them, but he is currently busy with a Hurricane restoration. I suppose after restoring the 17 trillion parts and pieces that make up a Hurricane a couple of P-40's wouldn't be that big of a project.
        Tad

Comment

Those "projects" are nothing more than a bunch of scrap aluminum skin. If you look closely at the pic of the fuse on the trailer you will see what I mean. There is a stell tube structure attached to the trailer with the remains attached to it to make it look somewhat whole. That's why they have been for sale for a looong time.

Comment

Looks like there's a bit more than just skin there, though I cannot say how much of it, if any, is usable:

SN 43-24362
            recovered from Fl Everglades in 1986. Nearly complete airship wreckage

SN 44-7305
            recovered in from Fl Everglades in 1986. Significant airship wreckage

SN 43-24033 (identity only)
            recovered from St. Simons Island Ga. in 1988. Min usable wreckage

All aircraft include original production number stamps confirming positive identity. Each wreckage includes extensive documentation, photographs of recovery, and complete accident reports from Army Air Corps. Collection includes some NOS parts, and memorabilia.

LINK:

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 06-06-2008, 08:50 AM.

Comment

wouldnt the value mostly be in the data plates?
              I would think that you can make or have made all the parts to assemble one.
              But then again I dont know squatt about it so

Comment

Working...
              X