Collings Foundations New "Little Friend"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collings Foundations New "Little Friend"

My good fortune is your treat for today as I was granted the rare opportunity to shoot the Collings Foundations newest "Little Friend" from the tail of their B-25. Could Mother Nature have at least given me some stinking clouds for the photo shoot? Noooooooooo...................... With winds gusting to 30 knots in the valley, this was by far the toughest shoot I have had to accomplish. They don't call this the Golden State for nothing. Betty Jane looked stunning against the golden countryside. I have to give a HUGE thanks to the Collings Foundation for throwing me in the back of Tondelayo. Stu Eberhardt is flying the Collings Mustang until PRS, and I have to say what a pleasure it was working with a true professional like Stu. Boy's got skills!
    Come out and support the Collings Foundation as they wind down their west coast swing and start heading back to MA. A terrific foundation, with the willingness to tour their collection for all to see. I'd like to see the Red Bull folks follow suit and make their collection available for the masses to see. Enjoy images from a little bit different vantage point.

Dave
    Attached Files

Re: Collings Foundations New "Little Friend"

Great photos & yes "Stu" is a good driver,one of the best. Thanks to the Collings Foundation for all they do in showing the general public what our aviation history is all about.
    Last edited by Lockheed Bob; 06-04-2008, 09:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Me thinks in that last shot he's radioing in....."Too Close for Rockets...Switching to Guns".......LOL

Awesome shots!!!!
      Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Me thinks he is saying, "Talk to the hand."

Stu briefs safety first when it comes to planning A2A shoots, as it should be. Air Force trained, he passes his vast years of knowledge and experience into the brief. A true professional, in every sense of the word.

Dave

Comment

Dave, I'd take your vantage point over mine any day of the week... clouds or no clouds. Great pics
          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
          My Photos
          My Ride

Comment

I like 1 & 3 the best, great work Dave!
            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Beautiful plane, I can't wait till it comes to my area.
              Thanks for sharing those with us.

Jarrod
              Last edited by jarrodeu; 06-05-2008, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Nice!
                Where were you at (geographically)?
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

W O W! Nice shots

Comment

Extremely!! Dave is one of the most energetic aviation photographers out there today! This energy, coupled with his skills, allows us all to share in the experience!

I thank you Dave!!

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The Collings bombers are currently winding up their California swing. The bombers had made their first visit to sleepy little Yolo County Airport, located just west of Sacramento. From there they moved the show to Santa Rosa. I was allowed to tag along for the Yolo to Santa Rosa flight. The back drop is Lake Berryessa, just to the northwest of Sacramento.

Wayno, I am setting things up for PRS, so get your harness. A few more calls to make to add to the target list.

Dave

Comment

Dave -- do you know if they're hitting their financial targets with this year's tour? I've been very curious about this since suddenly there seems to be a lot of big iron on tour, and a lot of rides for sale. It's got to be getting awfully expensive to be driving these things around the country at this point!

For instance I was in Hayward CA a while back and as we were getting out of the airplane this thing came taxiing up with no pomp or ceremony at all...

Very nice photographs, by the way!

Neal
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by wingman; 06-05-2008, 11:56 PM.

Comment

The Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom tour has been very successful for both the foundation and those who have turned out to see these beautifully restored and maintained aircraft. The addition of the Mustang as increased the publics interest in the tour. Over 200 rides have been taken with the Mustang to date and although bringing the "Little Friend" has brought with it a few teething issues it has been a HUGE success. There are plans already being made to bring the Mustang back for next years tour, which is very good news. The foundation will be making a few changes to the Mustang in an attempt to bring the aircraft more into original configuration. It is an amazing logistical undertaking to organize and plan this tour and the Collings Foundation should be commended for their efforts to bring these wonderful aircraft to US. The crews are some of the hardest working folks out there. Spend a day with them and you will get a new appreciation for the effort being given by these folks.
                          I would urge anyone who appreciates these wonderful aircraft to look up the Collings Foundation website at www.collingsfoundation.org. Even if you can not afford the cost of taking a flight with one of these historical aircraft, ANY donation you make will be going to a very worth while organization. As I stated before, I would love to see other organizations like Red Bull providing similar opportunities for the public with their stunning collection.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X