X-Plane-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Plane-9

Has anyone tried X-Plane flight simulator yet? I got it on friday it beat the hell out of MS flight X flying wise and graphic wise.

Re: X-Plane-9

I have yet to try X-Plane. Though I've come very close to getting it a few different times. Can you give a comparison? I've been flying Flight Sim since the way back C-64 days.

Lonnie

Comment

My first was FS-98 and I have 2004, FSX and X- plane on my computer now. But if you are into Flight Sims you got have X-plane. It come with 7 DVD's 1 for the basic installation and 6 for scenery around the world if you install all it take up 60 gigs of harddrive space, but the basic 6 gigs. But the performance is great, but you better have scenery 1.5 G processor and a gig of RAM. Aircraft perform like the actual airplane because Ive flown the real planes, I bought Piper program and it has a Piper Saratoga in it and I have 150 hrs in a Saratoga and the program flys the same. I say you get it.

Comment

Thanks for the information on that. I'll have to check it out.

Lonnie

Comment

when i was still on PC, i had FS9 and X-Plane, i totally rate X-Plane as being better than FS, more realistic aircraft, and the scenery was awesome, but as previously stated, it needs lots of grunt, and video processing power as well to make things run smooth, i also like the idea of the airplane designer that ships.... i was startin to design an unlimited before i gave up on the endless security updates etc and got out of windows...
          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

I plan on picking it up today...I tried the Demo yesterday and I'm convinced to give it a try. How is the aircraft designer program that comes with X-Plane? I've used G-Max, and Flight Sim Design Studio in the past.

I hear ya kiwiracefan about the pc and issues and the constant never ending issues with windows. But this year I decided to invest in camera gear, but I do plan on going with Mac...I may get nothing more than a laptop, but I've seen them up close, and I'm convinced that it fill my needs just right.

Thanks for input

Lonnie

Comment

I've got an older beta version of -9. There is scenery for Reno Stead with the pylons and all. There is also a Rare-Bear that you can download and run around the pylons.

Comment

I hear ya kiwiracefan about the pc and issues and the constant never ending issues with windows. But this year I decided to invest in camera gear, but I do plan on going with Mac...I may get nothing more than a laptop, but I've seen them up close, and I'm convinced that it fill my needs just right.

Thanks for input

Lonnie
                Hey Lonnie, all i bought was the basic 13" macbook, and i havent looked back. the only thing i regret now is not getting the model with the DVD burner, but other than that its great
                race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

X-Plane is quite good. I have been using it as my primary sim since version 6.16 What got me into it was a free download Pond Racer. A guy named "Zimbo" created the racer for version 6.16 quite a few years ago. I was so impressed with the way the Pond handled in X-Plane that I started using the sim to test different aircraft designs. Aircraft can be made up in PlaneMaker(which comes with x-plane). Currently for Version-9 I have been working on the 2007 September Fury(clipped wing version). One needs good technical info to make a good model. There's many Reno racers modeled in older versions of X-Plane which can be updated to the new version with a little effort.

Hope a bunch of you all get into this! See X-Plane.org for some of the freeware, and payware.

Comment

Working...
                  X