MB-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB-5

i took theese a few monthes ago John Marlin was running the Griffon. Enjoy Shawn
    Attached Files

Re: MB-5

I bet it looks even faster when they mount the forward prop...

Comment

Yes it does...

I've added the MB-5 to the list of things at Stead to keep an eye on.

Lonnie

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

is this this plane?

maybe there is another plane designated as the MB-5 also?

Comment

That is the same type of plane.

Comment

Actually, the "MB5" being built by John Marlin out at Stead is a "replica" (of sorts) of the MB5. Truly, it is more a "reflection" of an MB5 than a true replica. Marlin's airplane has Mustang wings and a "purpose" built fuselage, built by Marlin and volunteers (Mostly Marlin himself).

We've had some stories on it here in the past but due to some copyright claims by the author, they were removed.

Maybe we can get Lonnie to go out and grab some info???

Here's a link to a nice photo that Martin Baker sent us a few years back.

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

ahhh , that explains why it never looked quite right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
                ahhh , that explains why it never looked quite right to me.
                One of the big things that looks different is the canopy. When Johnny had it blown, it wound up being way bigger than he'd thought it would be...

It's a neat project, however it looks though!

Johnny is one of the nicest men I've ever met..

Truly a "Steadnick"...

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Next question..... Will she be up and flying around the pylons this year?
                  Cheers

Comment

Mr. Marlin had it up for sale last year. I guess nobody was interested enough to buy. B ..................... [ WARBIRD MB5 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • replica Martin Baker MB5. counter rotating props. similar to WW ll Spitfire. For info. 775-624-2585. • Contact John L. Marlin - JOHN L MARLIN located Reno, NV USA • Telephone: 775-624-2585 • Posted April 14, 2007 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Report This Ad]
                    Last edited by bergschrund; 06-03-2008, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
                      Next question..... Will she be up and flying around the pylons this year?

I'm going to say from the conversation that I had with John when I took a few pictures few weeks ago that it will not race. There was still lots of work to do, wingtips and such...I will go out there and check on it. He was looking forward to giving rides, flying to airshows and such. I'll get an update on my next visit out there.

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
                      X