Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Air Race Challenge is a Go for Aviation Nation, Nellis AFB! Volunteers Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Air Race Challenge is a Go for Aviation Nation, Nellis AFB! Volunteers Needed!

Hey Everyone!

The Air Race Challenge is a go for the 2008 Aviation Nation Airshow at Nellis AFB, on November 8-9! We’re looking for volunteers to join our team to assist with our charity auction for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Foundation and Living Beyond Breast Cancer, as well as onsite event operations.

If the following information appeals to you, please visit our website, create an account and contact us ASAP. We hope that you’ll be able to join us!

Sincerely,

Jim and Nicole
    Aim High Events and Marketing

Re: 2008 Air Race Challenge is a Go for Aviation Nation, Nellis AFB! Volunteers Needed!

Well now.. isn't this a surprize!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: 2008 Air Race Challenge is a Go for Aviation Nation, Nellis AFB! Volunteers Needed!

I feel like a stepchild at the orphanage...
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Great job V&S!!! Looks like things are in good hands. Best of luck!!
        Last edited by Red; 05-27-2008, 07:30 AM. Reason: spellin'
        Red
        chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          Well now.. isn't this a surprize!

Indeed
          Mark K....

Comment

Are you guys seriously bent obout this OLD NEWS...CHARITY event? Really? C'mon.

I thinking of volunteering actually.
            Red
            chanting...400+

Comment

?????

Comment

Needin a little more info. Could it be Dago and the Bear back at Nellis??? And for a good cause no less????

Seeyaontheramp
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Tech
                  Needin a little more info. Could it be Dago and the Bear back at Nellis???
                  Tony Banta's P-51 and P-40 are listed and Dan Martin's Ridge Runner 111, not Dago. Dago's pending sale is in October? So??? ...

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Dago's pending sale? Is this the sale that was mentioned earlier this year? Is the prospective buyer willing to be known at this time, or do we wait for the sale to be completed? Just wondering.

Thx,

Dave
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                      Tony Banta's P-51 and P-40 are listed and Dan Martin's Ridge Runner 111, not Dago. Dago's pending sale is in October? So??? ...

Why would an impending sale be so far out in the future? October is more than 4 months out. Is the sale contingent upon other things happening first? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                        Are you guys seriously bent obout this OLD NEWS...CHARITY event? Really? C'mon.
                        Seriously - do you think that people would be "surprised" at the blaiently obvious? Your post does seem to indicate so. Really? C'mon.

But for the record.... the fact that Wayne has been involved with the air race/show at Nellis since well before the beginning to have been taken by surprise by this announcement kinda tells me one thing - that someone doesn't feel the need to keep him "in the loop" any longer OR the ball got dropped in a big way. In either event, that in itself is a big surprise to me - and seems (to me) like someone has some splainin to do to a certain surprised someone.
                        Last edited by Pylon1_Mark; 05-27-2008, 01:43 PM.
                        Mark K....

Comment

Well I'm surprised that someone who is "in the loop" would not see this coming? Have they not been in touch with aviation nation? This didn't happen overnight.
                          Red
                          chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                            Well I'm surprised that someone who is "in the loop" would not see this coming? Have they not been in touch with aviation nation? This didn't happen overnight.
                            You are asking the right questions, maybe not in the right way but the right information would be in the answers. You are 100% - it didn't happen overnight. Now I know the connection with Tyson & the new producers of the event and Jim Pera personally - great guy. I just find it odd that the professional courtesy of a heads-up not be given prior to promoting/advertising the event on the website who's owner is/has been making their bread-n-butter money off of that event and it's promotion for a very long time. Granted - things change especially with new people involved.... but business and professional courtesy doesn't.

As I said - someone has some splainin to do. I don't think Jim Pera would ever intentionally slide Wayne, not in his character and it's something I feel he would take care of before hand ... he's good people. I'm sure this will all get resolved in short order though.
                            Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                              You are asking the right questions, maybe not in the right way but the right information would be in the answers. You are 100% - it didn't happen overnight. Now I know the connection with Tyson & the new producers of the event and Jim Pera personally - great guy. I just find it odd that the professional courtesy of a heads-up not be given prior to promoting/advertising the event on the website who's owner is/has been making their bread-n-butter money off of that event and it's promotion for a very long time. Granted - things change especially with new people involved.... but business and professional courtesy doesn't.

As I said - someone has some splainin to do. I don't think Jim Pera would ever intentionally slide Wayne, not in his character and it's something I feel he would take care of before hand ... he's good people. I'm sure this will all get resolved in short order though.

Does Wayne have a contract? If not I would suspect that the parties involved can do whatever they wish, no explanation necessary.

What amazed me was the fact that NO ONE....still has said anything positive about this charity event. Only bewilderment about getting scooped, and not being the first to know etc. Thats what I'm amazed by.
                              Last edited by Red; 05-27-2008, 04:45 PM. Reason: my crappy spelling
                              Red
                              chanting...400+

Comment

Working...
                              X