Biplane Race Air-to-Air Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biplane Race Air-to-Air Photos

I had posted a photo taken from my Pitts out on the race course in the "Air Racin'" forum and there was a request for more, so here you go. I am out flying the course with Rich Beardsley in his Smith Miniplane "Rich's Brew" during the practice session on Wednesday morning.

Jeff Lo
    Biplane race #6
    "Miss Dianne"
    Attached Files
    Jeff Lo
    Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
    Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Photo #2

Here's the second image. I am once again following Rich Beardsley in Rich's Brew around the biplane course during Wednesday morning's practice session.

Jeff Lo
    Biplane race #6
    "Miss Dianne"
    Attached Files
    Jeff Lo

Comment

Image #3

Here is the third air-to-air photo. Jacquie Warda and I pass by the home pylon during Wednesday afternoon's practice session.

Jeff Lo
      Biplane race #6
      "Miss Dianne"
      Attached Files
      Jeff Lo

Comment

Image #4

Here's the fourth image. OK, this one wasn't taken on the race course, this was in the early evening on Tuesday of race week just north of Stead. Cris Ferguson (race #20), Mike Davis (race #28) and I had just gone out for a sunset flight to enjoy the view.

Jeff Lo
        Biplane race #6
        "Miss Dianne"
        Attached Files
        Jeff Lo

Comment

Image #5

Another shot from Tuesday evening just before sunset with Cris Ferguson and Mike Davis. Again, not on the race course, but just north of Stead, I think this photo is my favorite one of the bunch.

BTW, all of these were shot with a Nikon N70 with a Tokina 19-35mm lens (at 19mm) on Fuji Provia 400F. The camera was mounted to the right side I strut with the cabling for the electronic release run up the flying wires, down the cabane strut on the right sideof the airplane and then in the vent in the side of the cockpit.

Jeff Lo
          Biplane race #6
          "Miss Dianne"
          Attached Files
          Jeff Lo

Comment

Thanks Jeff.

Are you really trying during the practice sessions or was that for the benefit of the camera shot.

I know Miss Dianne is much faster than a Smith MiniPlane.

Comment

Well, Rich's Miniplane is faster than most Miniplane's, and the camera did cost me 10mph (this is why it is only there for 1 or 2 practice sessions), but yes, I was powered back a bit to shoot some pictures. Once the film was gone, so was I !

Jeff
              Jeff Lo

Comment

Working...
              X