Big Moving Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Moving Pictures

Anybody else notice (probably not) that the Big Moving Pictures website lists Reno as one of the places they will be this year? I've had it in my head for sometime now that putting cameras on top of the pylons, in the cockpits and at other points around the course and transmitting the whole thing to big screens would be freaking awesome. Could this be what we are in for? If so I hope they also plan on taping and releasing the action later... their (RARA) current DVD line leaves a lot to be desired.
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Re: Big Moving Pictures

In addition to the in cockpit and pylon cams, I always thought a copter or blimp above center course would really be able to capture the speed against the ground and give you a good perspective of what those guys are really doing when dicing for positions.
    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Hey that's pretty awesome! We haven't seen full race coverage of Reno on TV since when, 1979? I hope the show isn't Jet-Centric like the video was though.
      Thanks for posting that!

Comment

Yea, just like at GML...BIG TV Screens in front and behind the grandstands, and in the IF1 or Sport Hangar would be GREAT!!! As well as posting the Qualifying Speeds...D.

Comment

Video's cool (ala GML)...but please don't include beefed-up audio. I can hear it now..."Danger Zone" blasting as the Gold Unlimited race begins. Perish the thought!

Comment

Tho I will miss the displays, the best part of retiring the F-14 is that hopefully that song won't be played at airshows as much. It should be banned!
            On that note, my favorite was always the classical music Lefty played, when the announcer was quiet. Also liked Art Scholl's disco, corny as it was, it fit. And, forgive me, Greenwoods "Proud to be an American" during the Red Knight displays...
            Anything but Danger Zone!!!
            Last edited by Leo; 05-13-2008, 03:43 PM.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
            X