Unlimited Course Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Course Change

Last week, in the middle of the server move, we received a copy of the Unlimited Association's newsletter.. We've received permission to release information contained within...

Looks like a move of outer 2 and 3, "in" some 300' each is afoot...

Looking at the course layout, and remembering how the course is usually flown, I'm going to wager that pylon 1 will also bee moved in..

All of this is aimed at making the course safer, and to reduce the chance of blowing the east (lemmon valley) deadline and also to soften the turn from home, around one onto two and then three - guide pylon and then 4...

I've got an email or three out to some of the pilots who fly the course and we plan a detailed write up of the changes, pilot opinions, etc..

From a photographic standpoint, this could make pylon 2 shooting quite a bit more dramatic..

Course distance calculations and final layout will, undoubtedly, be achieved at PRS...

Should be interesting to say the least!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Unlimited Course Change

Very interesting, can't wait to see how it affects the racers and the photographers

Comment

Wayne and/or other racers. It looks like the front straight may be turned into a sweeping turn and more of a straight wings level flying to pylon 4.

It also looks like the stands will be more like a nascar track with the start finish/line between turns one and two. All I've got to say (for what its worth) is whatever makes it HAPPEN!!!! safely for everyone and lets all have FUN!!!

Bill

Comment

Where is the Lemmon Valley deadline and how has it been monitored and enforced? How long has there been one out there? Has anybody been called for busting it?

From a photographer's point of view I think we might be shooting at a pretty difficult vertical angle as we move farther down the hill behind the current pylon 2. The racers tend to run 2 rather high -- setting up for the guide pylon uphill from 2 and 3.

Neal

Comment

I think we just stumbled across the reason for the quakes in Reno!!!!! Has moving the pylons disturbed the force!!!!!!

HA HA HA Jim A
          Jim Adams
          Blue Thunder 2 crew
          Picabo race 51 crew
          Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Anyone able to get the course map enlargements at the RARA site to load? I get a java error and nothing when I click on them.. Tried in IE7 and Firefox.. no joy... digging for last year's program to look at the map in there...

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
              Anyone able to get the course map enlargements at the RARA site to load? I get a java error and nothing when I click on them.. Tried in IE7 and Firefox.. no joy... digging for last year's program to look at the map in there...

I had that problem also Wayne, I just copied the path to the URL and it came up:

**admin edit**
              Ryan, turned your display link into a link link... I'd have to get prior RARA permission to display...

Comment

Found the '06 program, should be same map.. looking at it, hard to imagine the line for these guys....

Not sure if the deadline is being moved in as well but I'm going to guess, that, if it's not, and stays the same, the fast line is going to be a risky one (as far as rules go) where they will stay wide of 2 and 3, flying about the same line as now...

Email into John Penney who has agreed to chat a bit about it. Got too late to call him tonight, will talk with him tomorrow if possible....

Will.. if you read this ... call me..

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by RCoulter
                  I had that problem also Wayne, I just copied the path to the URL and it came up:

**admin edit**
                  Ryan, turned your display link into a link link... I'd have to get prior RARA permission to display...
                  Hey Ryan... thanks... I removed the display part of the link so we don't have issues with copyrighted stuff... Don't need to fight that fight..

For illistration purposes, GoogleEarth allows us to use their photos.. I'll see what I can do about modifying a shot from there (unless someone beats me to it... and PLEASE keep proper copyright notice on anything anyone does OK??!!)

But looking at the graphic, and the map in the program..

I'm still gonna say that it looks like fast, though risky for deadline cuts, would be to fly the exisitng line and pray you don't bust deadline..

You'd really almost have to move the Home Pylon West, then move 1 west and north, probably on the other side of 14 - 32...

At first look, I'd originally thought this might make 2 a better place to shoot... I'm beginning to lean towards Neal's observation... Going to be interesting!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Ryan... thanks... I removed the display part of the link so we don't have issues with copyrighted stuff... Don't need to fight that fight..

No problem Wayne, it's good you are on top of everything!

Comment

Originally posted by RCoulter
                      No problem Wayne, it's good you are on top of everything!
                      Since I spend most of my life with a notebook puter sitting on my lap, it's prolly a good thing I'm too old to have kids..

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Since I spend most of my life with a notebook puter sitting on my lap, it's prolly a good thing I'm too old to have kids..

Hey Wayner - Be careful what you say in public. You never know what GF might see it and figure out she's been haniging around for the wrong reason. ( hee-hee)

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                          Hey Wayner - Be careful what you say in public. You never know what GF might see it and figure out she's been haniging around for the wrong reason. ( hee-hee)
                          LOL... I think BeerNazi's a year or two past that stage and we keep her real happy!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

[QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar]Last week, in the middle of the server move, we received a copy of the Unlimited Association's newsletter.. We've received permission to release information contained within...

I'm a little curious on who gave permission to release this info?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                              I'm a little curious on who gave permission to release this info?
                              Why??
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X