OT: Phew.... Think we're done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Phew.... Think we're done!

Most of you lived through the teething pain last week with moving aafo... what goes on in the background is moving the rest of the few sites that live in the "condo" we habitate (our own dedicated server!) ...

Anyway.. the move to the new box was initiated to get away from outdated server software.. to head off any problems with compability with same..

The head knocker of it all wound up being.. Some of the stuff that's commonly used by server admins and web developers is a bit behind the curve and, turned out, our move to KEEP from having issues, gave us a buttload of issues that had to be handled before we could call it "Case Closed" and move ahead!

Right now, I've got to step on the podium and introduce a new HERO to the site! Membername "Mosquito" saw my dilema last week, PM'd me, I asked the right question "I'm a command line guy, need some help?.. "how are you with mysql?????????????"..

To my great fortune, and lifetime indebtedness, Mr. Mosquito is an SQL EXPERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dood stepped up and totally fixed problems with a really high profile client on this server whom weare beyond proud to have here with us on this "ALL AVIATION" web server... I hesitate to say who they are (for their privacy) but they are an overwhelmingly generous supporter of historic aviation and could be ANYWHERE but choose to be here with us..

That we, I say we with great reluctance, that "Skeeter"... (sorry, haddto shortenit) was able to fix their issues and let us roll on, was, well.. just one of those special things that folks do for the greater good sometimes!!!

So anyway.. bottom line..

Damn Mosquito..

You dialed one of my worst ones, the cPanel folks fixed another (should not have been a problem so I'm glad they stepped up and installed that perl module for me!) I googled and googled and googled some more and managed to whittle the list down and..

Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!

Slap me.. It can't be true....

WE'RE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SkeeterJon"...

I owe you big.. I mean REALLY BIG!

cPanel doods, if you look in here and read this. TANKS to you also!

I've been keeping away from this

Which led me to have the energy to get myself inot this mess.. causing a lot of.. this

driving me

making me feel

causing some really talented folks to lend a hand.

Now I can try to get back on track with this...

And if I don't wind up doing too much tech suport

I'll get back to way more of this!!

Once again, special thanks to "Mosquito" who grabbed me by the collar when I was just about to go absolutely ape....

You're my... err...

oh well.. what to hell you saved my butt!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: OT: Phew.... Think we're done!

Thanks to you Wayne & all those unsung heroes that helped in getting it all done for all of us on this Forum.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

My hats off to you Wayne. Our Cad support team (both of us...) has been trying to intigrate our company software tools with our updated primary drafting software for a couple of months. It's cost us hours, ulcers, a couple of friends and a pile of pulled out hair!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work you people did to keep us happy. I was jonesing there for a while.
        "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by hm66sk
          Thanks for all the hard work you people did to keep us happy. I was jonesing there for a while.
          Was in interesting and "educational" two weeks..

All's well now, more good things to come!

Neat thing is.. DAILY automated, incrimental backups!!!!!!!

We should NEVER lose more than one day's worth of posts or articles again.. <KNOCKS WOOD>

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Jeez I feel kinda bad running off to Talladega for a week when you were having so much fun here.
            It's nice to come home and have everything perfect as always!!
            Thanks Wayne - I've missed this place while away - and thanks to the others who helped get you up and running
            cheers,
            Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
              Jeez I feel kinda bad running off to Talladega for a week when you were having so much fun here.
              It's nice to come home and have everything perfect as always!!
              Thanks Wayne - I've missed this place while away - and thanks to the others who helped get you up and running
              cheers,
              Rachel
              What did you think of the race? I fell asleep, another snoozer. I really hate this new car, I think its ruined nascar.

Comment

Well it was our first live race, so we were just happy to be there. Not much racing action up here.

Comment

Wayne,
                  Sorry for the hijack there, I am a lil bit mad a nascar for their utter dis regard for racing. enough said.

Wayne have done an amazing job moving the board over to its new server, and it was pretty darn smooth I must say.
                  Thanks for this board its great.
                  Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X