What's this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time.
    Attached Files

Re: What's this?

one spotted at Oshkosh last year...
    Attached Files
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

There was one at minter painted weird. There was purple checker-board some red some pink and some some otther things.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I've never seen one in person, only in photos.

Must feel weird flying without rudder pedals...

Comment

Isn't it an Ercoupe & was suppose to be spinless. They were flying postwar WW2. Santa Paula,CA airport use to have some flying around.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Nice little plane. I took quite a bit of my primary in one. My instructer was a former Navy carrier pilot, who also flew the Berlin Airlift, and swore at it each time we wer in it. "%&%#(&^ underpowered SOB" Good training for x-wind landings, though
            Betty
            Last edited by ShermB; 04-26-2008, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Ercoupe which later became Forney then Aircoupe. Mooney picked up the certificate in the late 60's early 70's but changed it to the single tail cadet. The early model Ercoupes prior to the D model meet the Light Sport Aircraft rule and are getting bought up fairly fast (and driving the price up considerably).

Here's a good site for these:
              Ercoupe Owners Club for owners of Ercoupes, Forneys, Alons and Mooney M10's
              Sky Critter

Comment

These were avertised as a spin proof airplane at one time ,several are based at the Nut Tree airport.There was also a very similiar plane called the Alon....That was the purple checkered one at shaftner,he is out of davis ca.

Jim A (blue thunder crew)
                Jim Adams
                Blue Thunder 2 crew
                Picabo race 51 crew
                Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter
                  Ercoupe which later became Forney then Aircoupe. Mooney picked up the certificate in the late 60's early 70's but changed it to the single tail cadet. The early model Ercoupes prior to the D model meet the Light Sport Aircraft rule and are getting bought up fairly fast (and driving the price up considerably).
                  Here's a good site for these:
                  http://www.ercoupe.org/
                  I saw a Forney last summer at Gettysburg airport. I didn't even know they existed!

Comment

Originally posted by rc38pilot
                    These were avertised as a spin proof airplane at one time ,several are based at the Nut Tree airport.There was also a very similiar plane called the Alon....That was the purple checkered one at shaftner,he is out of davis ca.

Jim A (blue thunder crew)
                    Yes Jim, the Aircoupe was manufactured by Alon. The type certificate has been passed along over the years and it now resides with a company that makes parts for most all of the models.

I once read, somewhere, that you can put these planes into a standard rate turn by sticking your arm out the window (below 100 IAS).

Most of the early models were delivered from the factory without rudder pedals but many have been retrofitted for pedals through an available STC.
                    Sky Critter

Comment

Lotta info at the following sites, inmcluding this tid-bit...

"The first Ercoupe, serial no. 1, was owned by George Brinckerhoff and flown at College Park Airport, and now belongs to the National Air and Space Museum"

ERCO Ercoupe (Wikipedia link

Ercoupe Owners Club
                      Ercoupe Owners Club for owners of Ercoupes, Forneys, Alons and Mooney M10's

Comment

AKA:

Erpcup

Scaircoupe

Others

Comment

Errorcoupe
                          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                          X