• Warbirds in action by Jeffrey Archer

Here's some from the boy...

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: Warbirds in action by Jeffrey Archer

VERY nice set Jeff!

Comment

Nice composition on the T-28 shot! Cocked nosewheel, prop blur. Looks like it's gonna go someplace.
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

ya'know.. I used to kid about breaking Victor's arm (or some other body part)....

Now.. I've become convincend...

Kid's GOTTA GO!

Jeff... I know what you look like..... you're toast!!!!!!

JUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST KIDDING JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT WORK KID!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I think it's very fortunate for the photography world, and very unfortunate for us lesser hacks, that Victor has passed on thae photo gene.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Benny_L
            I have a quick question. I thought that airshows, even formation flybys in waivered airspace had the rule that essential crew only in the plane during the show. Is this still true? If so, how come all of these guys had a passenger?
            I do not know about this airshow but at Nellis a few years ago, it was decided that having a safety observer.. i.e. a second set of eyes, in the aircraft was not only a good idea, at nellis, during the air racing demo, if the aircraft had more than one seat (they all did that year) there WAS to be a safety observer...

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Any difference in FAA waivered airspace vs. Military? Also, I don't think a guy looking through a camera 95% of the flight is going to do much safety observing.

Comment

Very nice, looks like it was a fun ride.

Comment

Greetings from the Caribbean...

Arrivals are before wavered airspace, therefore can have passengers.

Al Goss has a fast card.

Jeff and I had crew statice and were cleared by the airboss and we did not fly in formation we flew in trail.

During the pilot briefing which I attended all maneuvers were discussed with the airboss and the FAA official was standing there. So no one did any thing that was not cleared by the airboss and FAA.

Attend a pilot briefing I do whenever I have the chance even if I'm not flying. Watch, listen, learn...

Oh and too contrary belief, all the Rum IS NOT gone...
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

disregard
                    Last edited by David Krull; 04-29-2008, 05:02 PM. Reason: found answer I ws looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                      Any difference in FAA waivered airspace vs. Military? Also, I don't think a guy looking through a camera 95% of the flight is going to do much safety observing.
                      I can only speak for myself but when I rode as "safety" with Tom Dwelle at Aviation Nation, for sure I was acting as an observer as well. I kept him appraised of where everyone was, since we were in the lead ship and his view was strictly ahead..

When I have flown as back seat obsever with Steve Dilda when he used to fly pace for the T-6's, particularly on the recovery, where pace's job is to ensure that all the "chicks" make it back into the nest, the backseater does a LOT of work looking for and helping the pilot find the race planes after they finish. .As well as during the race, you assist the pilot keeping track of who is where..

That we get to take camera's along and manage to get some shots out of the mission is just the icing on the cake.

It's kind of like when airline flight crew were always three.. (more in the old days) that extra set of eyes in traffic sure didn't hurt things...

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                      X