turboprops race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turboprops race?

To be honest, I posted this subject in the other site.
    So IŽll make the same question: Does anyone know why it doesnŽt exist a category of Unlimited Turboprops racers in Reno?.
    In the other site I saw a PC7 in a hangar of September Pops, so I thought (only sometimes), it surely wonŽt have the charming of piston engine Unlimiteds but...could it be another class of race?.
    There are pistons and jet racers. Was it tried anytime before?.

Re: turboprops race?

I think the closest to that we'll get anytime soon is if someone builds a homebuilt jet that meets the new staight wing no burner rules. Something like a BD 10 for instance...AWESOME!!!

Comment

Rules clearly state recip only, plus where is the cool sound?
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

I've suggested several times that (hopefully Unlimited) turboprops are in Reno's future, but only when the big recip engines become too (select one or more: SCARCE, EXPENSIVE, WORN OUT, HISTORICALLY VALUABLE) to race with.

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 04-24-2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Yes, I agree with all the statements from you all. But, is there any ... technical issue with them? or is only about peopleŽs desire, tendencies?
          From the very starting point, they wonŽt have the charming of the unlimited warbirds, but also, they could be more interesting than sports?

Comment

I can't think of anything technical, but them-thar' turbines sure are dang expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
              I can't think of anything technical, but them-thar' turbines sure are dang expensive!
              And race prepped Merlins, 3350's, etc. are sooooo cheap!
              Last edited by Skyracer; 04-27-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X