Interesting Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Stats

Just rebuilding the image thumbnail database and got some interesting stats out of it.

I'm really surprised actually... since about this time in 2002..

in
    5,108 thread subjects,
    2,547 members have posted,
    50,658 messages containing a total of
    10,035 images

totalling almost
    1,000 megabytes (pictures only, database adds 120.465 megabytes worth of raw post data...

This does not count several months of lost posts that came about during whatever hurricane scare we had (may have been Katrina)...

Wow....

Now I'm REALLY happy I didn't lose the ability (save for a day and a half) to view all those posts and pictures!!

Thanks everyone for making this place what it is!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Interesting Stats

Thanks everyone for making this place what it is!

Wayne[/QUOTE]

I believe the thanks goes to you for providing a place for us to gravitate.

Comment

Oh please... Isn't his ego big enough...Snicker snicker... Runing for cover.
      Good job Wayne.

Eric
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
        Oh please... Isn't his ego big enough...Snicker snicker... Runing for cover.
        Good job Wayne.

Eric
        First off, let me say, I know you are kidding.. but

LOL... in truth, those who *actually* know me will tell you that I don't have much of an ego at all..

I'm very lucky that some neat opportunities have come my way, getting the idea to to this website in late '96 and having it become so successful is one of them...

I've had some challenging opportunities as well.. Being "talent" for the not-so-successful pilot episode of World of Wings was, perhaps, the most challenging thing I've ever done and though my stomach was in my throat the entire time, (read that, nervous as hell!) the fact that I actually DID that show, I think, has earned me the undeserved "reputation" of being "large"... (read THAT, legend in my own mind)

In one of the posts that wound up in the toilet from the board hassles, Will Whiteside thanked me and I turned it around on him. John Penney has done the same. And those are the guys who REALLY make this happen!!!!

Hell, I just provide a place for fans to salivate and.. given the time and energy (both of which have been lacking since my little... experience in 2004) I provide some info or tidbits of info to get the juices flowing between the event we all live, breathe, eat and lose sleep for!

It cracks me up sometimes.. my methods of "leaking" info, at times, is an old "show biz" tactic.. the tease.. build the excitement! It's a technique as old as the first traveling road shows and older. *SOME* people, at times, have misunderstood that tactic and I've seen where it hits their brain as me saying "I know something you don't know"...

Anyway... if the long-ish response is TMI.. so-be-it.. I managed to crawl into something of a mental hole after living through something I wasn't sure I was going to live through and now I've decided, I'm back! I'm going to begin growing this website and my web development "business" (cough cough) again and you all get to be a part of that first step by being here as we go through the teething process!

OK... back to making the last few scripts run on new box..

Then onto gathering news and gee.... I heard a rumor that...

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

With a traget that big on your back ( because U the big cheez)... can't help but take a few shots.. Yes all in fun....Rumors? I like rumors... Give give..
          Last edited by ebutner; 04-23-2008, 12:41 PM.
          Cheers

Comment

Wayne
            If you feel good, the whole community of this web feels good, because you gather the right stuff.
            Besides, the page works faster and the thumbnails work ok now. Great Job.Thank you very very much.

Comment

Originally posted by taglialavore
              If you feel good, the whole community of this web feels good
              LOL... I think I've adequately demonstrated a few times in the past that when I DON'T feel good, I can make a few folks feel pretty badly too....

I'm really hoping we can gather together as a community as we have in year's past! We used to have a lot more contributed articles and features.. With this new server and it's much better services and speed... I'm going to see what I can do about making this process even easier for everyone involved..

We've got some guys In Reno who like to do a lot of unofficial reporting, <just tossing out ideas here> maybe one or two of them would like to have blog pages on the site..

Anyway.. sky's the limit!

Originally posted by taglialavore
              the thumbnails work ok now
              OH man.. you have NO idea how good it felt last night when I finally got that one dialed!

Out of all the nightmares I could envision in a server move, losing this database and or the images the board stores... this stuff is living history, it's taken years to build, has the blood sweat and tears of 1000's of you contained in it and is has become priceless!

If someone new to the sport wanted to take the time and read through most of the messages on this system (it'd take em forever) they would leave that process with a pretty good idea of what RENO is all about..

Back to work.. gotta become "GEEK" again today and attempt to install a perl module that is missing from the server.. .

Ahh... why does that old AAMCO transmission ad flash into my mind when I read what I just wrote.. dirty guy with a broom comes up out of the back of "BrandX" transmission shop, looks over the bosses shoulder at the dripping hulk dof a transmission and utters the forever famous words.. "let me fix it... I always wanted to work on a transmeesion"...

Hey.. really... I promise not to break anything... really...

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                First off, let me say, I know you are kidding.. but

LOL... in truth, those who *actually* know me will tell you that I don't have much of an ego at all..

Then onto gathering news and gee.... I heard a rumor that...

"That is right if you guys think Wayne has an ego you've never met Brad Haskin, he is the Webster's Collegiate Dictionary poster child for EGOTISTE GRANDE", Why Brad and I can rarely fit into the same building because of the size of our egos combined is more than the Reno fire department allows in even a building the size of the RARA hangar" If we are in that building RARA has to remove all the Formula ones. So I don't go there.
                Last edited by BellCobraIV; 04-24-2008, 08:09 AM.
                John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
                  "That is right if you guys think Wayne has an ego you've never met Brad Haskin, he is the Webster's Collegiate Dictionary poster child for EGOTISTE GRANDE", Why Brad and I can rarely fit into the same building because of the size of our egos combined is more than the Reno fire department allows in even a building the size of the RARA hangar" If we are in that building RARA has to remove all the Formula ones. So I don't go there.

Aww... com'on John... Ego.. you??

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I donīt think so John.
                    By the way, do you allow me to post in this page a picture of we both in Reno 1994?
                    Last edited by taglialavore; 04-24-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

Aww... com'on John... Ego.. you??

it's not Slack that has the problem....it's Haskin's ego that fills the room. I mean, HE can't even get decent prop blur in any of his pictures..
                      Red
                      chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                        it's not Slack that has the problem....it's Haskin's ego that fills the room. I mean, HE can't even get decent prop blur in any of his pictures..
                        Red,
                        Someday If I ever go to Reno after my self-imposed exile is concluded, then perhaps we can sit down and have a meal at your expense and when I have finished droning on and on about what I have done. Then you will say wow I got that wrong.
                        John Slack

Comment

Ha ha....deal!!

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
                          Red,
                          Someday If I ever go to Reno after my self-imposed exile is concluded, then perhaps we can sit down and have a meal at your expense and when I have finished droning on and on about what I have done. Then you will say wow I got that wrong.
                          Red
                          chanting...400+

Comment

Any Machiniste that can build a "Mouse" can have as large an Ego as he has...D.

Comment

Working...
                            X