OT: F-117A retires tomorrow (Monday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: F-117A retires tomorrow (Monday)

The F-117A Night Hawk, the world's first stealth fighter. A comprehensive history of the F-117A program from conception through current operations. www.f-117a.com

Wasn't Reno's beloved Skip Holm among the first (if not the first) civilian test pilots to fly her?
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Re: OT: F-117A retires tomorrow (Monday)

I think all of the early pilots, including Skip, were Lockheed. Major Al. Whitley, Bandit 150, was the first Air Force operational pilot.

It was a good airplane that really changed the way we go to war. I'm not sure too many people thought the technology would stay relevant as long as it did. It's probably time it went on down the road. Neat project to be involved with.

Ken Dwelle
    Bandit 475

Comment

I cannot help but wonder.....what mysterious craft, that wanders the heavens, born the place we all know...but..really doesn't exist....

"...phased plasma rifle, 30 watt range...." "hey, just what you see on the shelf buddy" -Governator and un-credited extra

Are my eyes real brown yet?
      Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

".45 caliber Long slide with laser sighting...."

Comment

"Are you Sarah Connaah?"

Comment

Working...
          X