40D works fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40D works fine

These are not up to my usual standards, but the 40D works fine. These are the tiny unprocessed jpegs that are embedded in the RAW file, shot in absolute crap today in Peoria, IL. 40D works ok in pretty heavy rain too, but I would not like to do this every day in the rain.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by T. Adams; 04-18-2008, 03:25 PM.

Re: 40D works fine

Tim, Are those with your 300? For small unretouched jpegs they look really sharp. Look forward to seeing the real thing.
    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Shooting in rain with no protection? Says a lot about the build quality, even if it doesn't stand up to the D300.
      Any gripes?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini
        Tim, Are those with your 300? For small unretouched jpegs they look really sharp. Look forward to seeing the real thing.
        EXIF data says 420mm, so yes 300 with a 1.4x

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
          EXIF data says 420mm, so yes 300 with a 1.4x

Jarrod
          Smart man!

The jpegs are sharpened to a +2 in camera. What you set your picture style to, is what the jpeg shows up like on the rear LCD. I have the jpeg set to +2 so I can see if stuff is sharp. Even if you shoot just RAW like I do, that embedded jpeg has the picture style settings applied to it.

The rain sucked, I had the 100-400 on the mkIIN, lens not weather protected, camera is, and the 300 on the 40D, lens protected, camera is not. They both got pretty drenched, but everything still works.

Comment

Hi Tim,

One of the people at our only photo shop left told me that the 40D can withstand quite a bit of weather, looks like you backed that theory up. Great shots by the way, and thanks to all for sharing your photos, experience, and advice to us all.

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
            X