Nemesis at Oshkosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemesis at Oshkosh

By the way, anyone else going to Oshkosh to see Jon Sharp's record attempt?

We could meet up at the Reno Air Race booth. Here's wishing the weather is great for the attempt(s)...Go Jon Go!

Chris

Re: Nemesis at Oshkosh

I don't know what day they are doing this, but I will be there Thur, Fri, and Sat.

Comment

Hey Tim, glad there will be a great photog there! My crystal ball says that there will be multiple runs on multiple days in all likelyhood. I will be there at least from the first Sunday Morning for six days through at least Friday. If Jon has an attempt on Saturday, I will stay for that. The weekend is a zoo and I don't normally stay for that despite the massed warbird attack on the field....

Comment

Those pics are cool... Thanks for posting... Got more?
        Cheers

Comment

I'm planning to be there pretty much from the Sat before to the end on Sunday (I usually take a day off sometime in the early week to drive home and sleep in air-conditioning once).

If I remember correctly from the attempts Jon and others have made before, there's usually one a day for at least a couple of days. Often it was done between the "Showcase" flights that go on in the early afternoon and just before the show proper.

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Comment

Man, they should really get that Buggatti running.

Comment

Originally posted by race9
              Man, they should really get that Buggatti running.
              That would be so awesome!!! I agree, get it running.
              Cheers

Comment

Problem is, I don't think there are engines in it.

Jarrod

Comment

I wonder if they can modify it to fit a different engine.

Comment

At Skip Holm's lecture at OshKosh last year, I tried to get him to fly the Buggatti...

More pics? Put the caption to the right pic!
                    1. Heavy metal 2. Old racers never die 3. What not to wear on a 90
                    degree day.
                    4. The Col. Shorty Rankin/Gen. Gunther Rall comedy routine. Shorty was in the flight that shot down Gunther and shot his thumb off, so Gunther, in the straw hat, leans over to Shorty and says in his thick German accent, "Shorty, do you have my thumb?" (everyone laughs)
                    So the announcer says, "Shorty, did you shoot Gunther's thumb off?"
                    And Shorty says, "Helllllll Nooooo! If it were me, I would have shot his ass off!" (Big laugh) So the anouncer says, "Gunther, I hear they are going to let you fly a B-17 today...have you ever been inside one?"
                    Gunther thinks for a moment, and says, "Noooo,... but I've been around them....." (Big laugh) I never get tired of listening to them and all the other legends that show up to give lectures...

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris
                      Hey Tim, glad there will be a great photog there! My crystal ball says that there will be multiple runs on multiple days in all likelyhood. I will be there at least from the first Sunday Morning for six days through at least Friday. If Jon has an attempt on Saturday, I will stay for that. The weekend is a zoo and I don't normally stay for that despite the massed warbird attack on the field....
                      I'd like to get some more info on this plane.... Any help is appreciated.
                      Attached Files
                      Cheers

Comment

That is the "Pushy Galore" I think.

Comment

It is "Pushy Galore"... Thanks saw her fly in Reno years ago, just looked different hanging on a wall like that... SWEET lookn plane!
                          Last edited by ebutner; 04-18-2008, 02:33 PM.
                          Cheers

Comment

I remember watching Pushy race... she was quick! Also, she should be a nominee for the Greatest Racer Name Ever award.
                            _________
                            -Matt
                            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
                            X