Tornado at Breckenridge airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado at Breckenridge airport

According to the sheriff of Stephens county which is where Breckenridge airport is located, the airport "was totaled" from a tornado. Over 20 homes and several business in town were damaged. I will repost as soon as more information is available. Keep these folks in your prayers. Ok new news. A reporter was at the airport [he knew nothing about airplanes] but he said the hangers were in various stages of damage. He said what looked like a twin engine plane had some of the hanger on it. Other what looked like WWII airplanes also in different stages of damage. Well we all here at aafo.com know some of those other airpanes arer Pardue's and the twin has to be the Red Bull P-38. There is going to be a news report on wfaa channel 8 Dallas [that's over 150 miles away] that sent crews. i'll post again. There a tornado headed for my town so i may be late or off line. Good ole north Texas, never a dull moment.
    Last edited by tex-fan; 04-09-2008, 07:02 PM.

Re: Tornado at Breckenridge airport

The weather has been really wierd here in Texas but it is Spring where you don't know what the weather is going to be like even when there isn't a cloud in the Sky, Hope nothing was hurt,

maybe the P-38 was struck by White Lightinin
    Last edited by RRMERLIN7; 04-09-2008, 07:10 PM.
    W.Hughes

Comment

more info can be found here

with several reports from people who have talked to ezell's people, and howard pardue

Just hoping for the best, can't stay on long, as we are having our own storms

Comment

Yeah I think the sherrif was over stating it. It's REAL bad but not totalled. Howard's off some place else in the Bearcat, and somebody else said the P-38 has only only minor damage . Boy I hope they are right.

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
          Yeah I think the sherrif was over stating it. It's REAL bad but not totalled. Howard's off some place else in the Bearcat, and somebody else said the P-38 has only only minor damage . Boy I hope they are right.
          Oh man... I sure hope you're right!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
            According to another website, it has water damage in the cockpit, and elevator and rudder, and boom damage. Since it's after dark there now, we won't know anything more until daylight when it can be assessed more.

Comment

They say Wildcat was pushed back, and has some tail damage,but defenitly in one peice. Has anyone heard on the sea fury.

Comment

this is a quote from another website,, I phoned Howard last night. He and Carolyn and the Bearcat are not in BKD. Some near misses as Steve's house was destroyed with his family ok in the rubble. Nothing like a tornado to put the "mobile" in mobile home! They have even pulled up pavement off a highway. Eddie Holmes house also, no major injuries or deaths, but must have been a scary time for all. Some damage to lots of buildings, planes, the Staggerwing, Wildcat some wing damage. The roof may hve fallen on the Cub. Fury is ok, some tail damage to the P-38, he thought.

Just thank the good Lord everyone lived through it.

Comment

I'm enroute to go help the Ezells out right now. I should have more to report later, but right now, it appears the Warbirds made it through with relatively minor damage. The Spam Cans at the airport however, didn't fair so well.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X