Blue Thunder II Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Thunder II Update

John has a new update on-line at http://www.bluethunderairracing.com/home.htm

Man I wish this effort the best!

Can't wait to see this puppy finished and John flying her!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Blue Thunder II Update

Looks like John is making several system and airframe changes from the original design. Hope they all make it lighter, more reliable, and faster.

Go John

Cloudchaser

Comment

AAW GEEZZ......

Need to ask.... any changes in the braking system.

.......well i would like to know

Bmarsh

Comment

With all the changes being made to Blue Thunder II, will the bubble canopy be replaced with a more streamlined "Dago style" canopy? Also, are there going to be any changes to the belly scoop, similar to the Miss Ashley Too, or even the more extreme boil off system being installed on Voodoo?

Arch

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Adamisin
          With all the changes being made to Blue Thunder II, will the bubble canopy be replaced with a more streamlined "Dago style" canopy? Also, are there going to be any changes to the belly scoop, similar to the Miss Ashley Too, or even the more extreme boil off system being installed on Voodoo?

Arch
          Last I heard no race style turtle deck due to the fact that they want to give sponsor rides and such.
          Jason Schillereff

Comment

or even the more extreme boil off system being installed on Voodoo?

Arch
            FYI, not happening this year: www.voodooairracing.com

Comment

or even the more extreme boil off system being installed on Voodoo?

Arch
              Not this time.....http://www.voodooairracing.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead
                FYI
                You beat me.

Comment

Arch
                  There are many who would like to see those changes but also there is an allegiance to the Thunder Mustang idea. An idea that you can be a race winner without taking a sawzall to the airframe. Now the sport class has come a long way but 2007 would have been a hell of a year if things went well, even with a mostly stock airframe.

As far as the brakes go, I do not know if there are to be any changes. The brakes were one link in the chain of events that lead to BT no longer existing. There should not be a feeling that the brakes by themselves are really an issue.
                  Last edited by W J Pearce; 04-09-2008, 02:41 PM.
                  Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                  Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
                    You beat me.
                    Photo finish.

Comment

it would be neat to see someone build a "quick change" race canopy that was easily swapped with the stock for giving rides.
                      if you look at the canopy profile you can see there is lots of room for trimming and still maintain the same base for the 2seat version
                      i know easier said than done!
                      Todd Smith

Comment

The Blue Thunder is a beautiful airplane. My only reason for asking was that since the unfortunate incident and the required replacement, drag reduction is easier to do during construction than after the fact. I was just wondering if there had been any thought to those type of modifications.
                        I'm still a fan of the Wild Turkey design that John flew in the Formula one class many years ago.

Arch

Comment

Working...
                        X