Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT; Once upon a time in Bonneville...

.....and later in Holland !

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Did you know that the top speed with a 3 cu in ( 50 ccm ) 2-stroke engined vehicle is 139,58 mph ?

I didn't 10 minutes ago...now I know better.

Here video of the Bonneville racer with a chute !

-----------------------

..............and the absolute speed record for 2 wheelers is 350,88 mph

by Chris Carr !
    Last edited by First time Juke; 04-07-2008, 09:27 AM.
    http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Re: OT; Once upon a time in Bonneville...

Heh-heh. Best I ever did on my 50cc PUCH moped was 40 mph (after modifications, 27 mph before...).

Comment

BUB Enterprises, the place that built the fastest bike, is in my hometown. Nice buncha guys and gals.

I just aquired a Yamaha XS1100 that a friend and I are going to prepare for Bonneville. We're going to try to break 150 MPH, but that's a tall order to fill. Regardless, it'll be a ton of fun to run that thing across the salt!

Comment

They go 192 mph with a 600 cc here;

Dynojet technical support manager Dusty Schaller on his 191mph bike. Includes a 190+mph high speed wobble!

Comment

Bigger Al, what year and is it the special? I had a 79 special that I rode in high school, with full fairing, stereo and vetter side bags. Went 12.70 @105 mph down the quarter and I could wind it out to about 130mph with all that crap on it. Good luck on the 150 mark, it will take some work but doable!

Comment

...are they ever gonna make it ?

The shattering of Land Speed Record (LSR) by the North American Eagle will be the most watched sporting event of 2007. This international event, scheduled fo...

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Cat
              Bigger Al, what year and is it the special? I had a 79 special that I rode in high school, with full fairing, stereo and vetter side bags. Went 12.70 @105 mph down the quarter and I could wind it out to about 130mph with all that crap on it. Good luck on the 150 mark, it will take some work but doable!

It's a 1980 Midnight Special with all of that black and gold trim. I don't think we'll hit 150 with it, especially with my big butt on it, but it'll sure be fun to see what she'll do!
              We'll be limited by the shaft final drive, but that's a concession to the whole "Free Bike" thing.

Comment

Working...
              X