Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Dwelle

Mr. Dwelle,

I apologize If I offended you in any way. You are not the type of dooshebag I was referring to. I feel you missed my point completely.

To Clarify I will ask you a simple question.

If someone had offered you an amount of money that made it advantageous to sell Critical Mass in racer form (read: enough to buy another two seat Fury) would you have taken them up on the offer? I can’t help but think your answer would be yes. Like it or not Critical Mass is part of something bigger then you or me. There is a 41 page post about your airplane that now only exists in pictures and memories.

My problem is not with the choice you made (money talks) but with the fact that it is seemingly the only choice available. Believe me when I say that if I had the means to preserve these racers as is, I would throw money around to make Rod Lewis Jealous. Unfortunately I don’t, and even more unfortunate is, at this time, there is no one else willing to either.

If I could afford a P-51 you can be damn sure I would buy one, just like Tom Cruise. ( I wouldn’t need to sit on cushions though) That comment was made to drive my point home, apparently it worked….sort of.

Ken, Ignore the rants of the clueless lunatics. You sir are NO dooshebag.

Clueless Lunatic?? Can you back that up? I have attended 25 National Championship Air Races. I have met and talked to our most beloved of pilots, I have ran my hands over these beasts and smeared my fingers in their in their oil streaks. I have given my hard earned money to teams and families in need, I have watched pilots pour their souls into this sport to win it all, and unfortunately lose it all as well. Forgive me sir If I want something that is a HUGE part of my life to be around forever.

Wayne, I would ask you to leave this thread alone not only to allow Mr. Dwelle to know my intentions, but to allow for the discussion of something important to us all.

Re: Mr. Dwelle

Originally posted by flyingjibus
    Mr. Dwelle,

I apologize If I offended you in any way. You are not the type of dooshebag I was referring to. I feel you missed my point completely.

To Clarify I will ask you a simple question.

If someone had offered you an amount of money that made it advantageous to sell Critical Mass in racer form (read: enough to buy another two seat Fury) would you have taken them up on the offer? I can’t help but think your answer would be yes. Like it or not Critical Mass is part of something bigger then you or me. There is a 41 page post about your airplane that now only exists in pictures and memories.

My problem is not with the choice you made (money talks) but with the fact that it is seemingly the only choice available. Believe me when I say that if I had the means to preserve these racers as is, I would throw money around to make Rod Lewis Jealous. Unfortunately I don’t, and even more unfortunate is, at this time, there is no one else willing to either.

If I could afford a P-51 you can be damn sure I would buy one, just like Tom Cruise. ( I wouldn’t need to sit on cushions though) That comment was made to drive my point home, apparently it worked….sort of.

Clueless Lunatic?? Can you back that up? I have attended 25 National Championship Air Races. I have met and talked to our most beloved of pilots, I have ran my hands over these beasts and smeared my fingers in their in their oil streaks. I have given my hard earned money to teams and families in need, I have watched pilots pour their souls into this sport to win it all, and unfortunately lose it all as well. Forgive me sir If I want something that is a HUGE part of my life to be around forever.

Wayne, I would ask you to leave this thread alone not only to allow Mr. Dwelle to know my intentions, but to allow for the discussion of something important to us all.

Well, I've been going for 27 years, but being there doesn't equate to knowledge.

Most of us will never know what goes on inside the Dwelle family, or the Gardner's, or the Buccarelli's, or any other race plane owner for that matter. I would love to see these planes continue to race every year but nothing lasts forever. Enjoy it while you have the chance.

I don't have any inside information regarding the decision to convert CM back to a stock configuration but I respect their decision, look forward to the end result, and will applaud those involved when it is complete. The plane had been hangared since it last raced, Tom had retired, and they had an asset that wasn't being used and enjoyed by the family. It's not hard to figure out why they are restoring it to stock.

I'm sure consulting your feelings was not part of the equation.

Comment

I for one am greatful for all the times I got to see BMB/CM in person, and thank the Dwelle's for the once a year sacrafice they committed to.

I look forward to the next gen CM.

jibus, hope your shovel wears out soon from digging this hole
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

"I apologize If I offended you in any way. You are not the type of dooshebag I was referring to."

Mr. Bus-

Are you insinuating I'm some other type of dooshebag?... Hey I'm just yanking your chain, you're going to have to work a lot harder than that to offend me.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Dwelle
          "I apologize If I offended you in any way. You are not the type of dooshebag I was referring to."

Mr. Bus-

Are you insinuating I'm some other type of dooshebag?... Hey I'm just yanking your chain, you're going to have to work a lot harder than that to offend me.

Ken
          That's Mr. short Bus to you
          Red
          chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
            jibus, hope your shovel wears out soon from digging this hole
            When your arms get tired you can use this:

Comment

But I like it down here............

I dont have to listen to all the mouth breathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance
                Well, I've been going for 27 years, but being there doesn't equate to knowledge.

Most of us will never know what goes on inside the Dwelle family, or the Gardner's, or the Buccarelli's, or any other race plane owner for that matter. I would love to see these planes continue to race every year but nothing lasts forever. Enjoy it while you have the chance.

I don't have any inside information regarding the decision to convert CM back to a stock configuration but I respect their decision, look forward to the end result, and will applaud those involved when it is complete. The plane had been hangared since it last raced, Tom had retired, and they had an asset that wasn't being used and enjoyed by the family. It's not hard to figure out why they are restoring it to stock.

I'm sure consulting your feelings was not part of the equation.

Was consulting my post part of your equation? Because it really doesn't seem like you read it.

Comment

Enough bashing of plane owners. If the complainers don,t have the money for buying these planes & keeping them as racers then they should just enjoy what is there. Be Happy that we still have Reno for that someday might be gone.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

No one is bashing plane owners!!!!

I am bashing the world because it isn't perfect!!

I am now going to form the Reno Racer Liberation Front.

All your Planes are Belong to US!

Oh well. I tried.

Comment

lol! thatks for the laugh!!!

Originally posted by Ken Dwelle

Mr. Bus-

Ken

Comment

"I am now going to form the Reno Racer Liberation Front."

Now that's funny.

Comment

We're coming for you!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus
                            We're coming for you!
                            Not going to be easy... Ken's tough! Bring an army dude! LOL
                            Cheers

Comment

Be careful Bus,Ken may have machine guns on that AT6 or a full Sani-Hut.
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X