Red Bull airracing getting an Emmy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bull airracing getting an Emmy!

How is that possible? Its not even an AIRRACE? I have been going to Reno for a long time now and I think RENO deserves the EMMY by far. Red Bull is just a over priced sugar drink. An EMMY can you believe it!

Re: Red Bull airracing getting an Emmy!

Well it would help if NCAR was on TV..........

Comment

Well um, absolutely I can believe it. This is a television award. The production company that produces the television show gets the award. Since the series actually aired on television and was well produced with cutting edge graphics and the latest technology as far as replays and analysis, it was technically deserving of an emmy.

Reno essentially has zero television coverage and the coverage that has existed isn't even close from a production standpoint (a couple low budget documentaries and a news story or two don't really get considered). Did anybody have a "Reno Air Racing" emmy entry this year? Highly doubt it.

I think enough Red Bull bashing goes on this forum without the need for fabricating reasons to do so.
      Last edited by CMW; 04-04-2008, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I don't really mind a little 'Bull' bashing...it does happen here and in a way it shows just how much people here love the races, and warbirds everywhere.

And please note, not once have I seen anyone bash on the pilots that fly in the Red Bull competition. I had the honor of meeting Mike Goulian last year here at Reno after his performance on Sunday. Like so many others involved in aviation, he really impressed me and those that were with me. I wish more people could get the chance to meet pilots like Mike Goulian, and the many others out there that love to share their love of flying and aviation.

And a quick word...I am aware of efforts to get the NCAR more air time. I haven't seen or heard anything directly, but please note that efforts are being made. It all starts with 'baby' steps...I know that patience in this area is kinda' thin...but people are trying.

Have a great weekend...

GO BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
        X