California Capital Airshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Capital Airshow

I didn't plan on going...just kinda found myself there. Funny how that happens. The clouds and looking into the sun made for a lot of shots not taken, though it was nice to just watch. Sean D. Tucker and friends (didn't catch their names) put on quite a performance. All in all it was a pretty good show.
    Attached Files

Re: California Capital Airshow

headed there today. First airshow of the year.

5 months till reno?

Comment

Nice pictures...

Looks like the weather there was better than I expected.

I was going to make the trip from Reno Saturday, but I have an aversion to snow and tire chains. Even though my little rocket handles great in bad weather, there isn't enough clearance between the inside of the tire and the suspension for a finger, let alone cables or chains. And chain controls were in effect most of the day on the summit.

Lonnie
      Last edited by MMPerk; 03-16-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Hi Ken - Your photos are excellent & many thanks for posting them.

I gotta tip my hat to you on the paraglider against the clouds shot - BEAUTIFUL composition & lighting! Well done - keep clickin' that shutter button, man. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

DBD

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD
          Hi Ken - Your photos are excellent & many thanks for posting them.

I gotta tip my hat to you on the paraglider against the clouds shot - BEAUTIFUL composition & lighting! Well done - keep clickin' that shutter button, man. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

DBD
          2nd that, it is a great shot.

Comment

The shot of the Skydiver descending under canopy with the clouds as backdrop is freaking outstanding.

Nice work.
            Dennis
            Biplane #25 DragRacer

Comment

Great shots ken thanx for posting them did fat albert (angles c130) do the jato short take off at the event i saw it once many years ago as a kid when i lived in the states i think its was bout 1970 and it was spectacular would love to see it and the blues again you guys dont know how lucky you are to have such a airshow season here were lucky to get a couple of small ones a year

layton
              terra australis

Comment

Fat Albert didn't use JATO, but did do a nice takeoff run, followed by an in your face flyby (plus a few more), and a spectacular dive to the runway for landing.

This snack shack needs to find its way to Reno. You could put a whole cow on the bottom rack of the barbeque!

Thanks for the kind reviews.
                Attached Files

Comment

Are Harriers still flying in the US military?... thought they were gone.

Bmarsh

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Marsh
                    Are Harriers still flying in the US military?... thought they were gone. Bmarsh
                    Don't know, I wasn't paying attention to the announcer, not that I could have heard anyway, because Harriers are just fun to watch.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Marsh
                      Are Harriers still flying in the US military?... thought they were gone.

Bmarsh
                      They sure are. The VMA-513th (the same which Big Bossman represents) are based in Yuma and are called the The Flying Nightmares,
                      (http://www.3maw.usmc.mil/mag13/vma513/default.asp). Mike Brown was invited down to Yuma a few months ago to participate in the 232nd anniversary of the Marines; he flew some air to air photo missions with LT Col Parkhurst and his men… very cool stuff. Ted Carlson took some awesome shots with the Tigercat and Harriers in formation.
                      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Greg Anders in the P-51
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S.
                          They sure are. The VMA-513th (the same which Big Bossman represents) are based in Yuma and are called the The Flying Nightmares,
                          (http://www.3maw.usmc.mil/mag13/vma513/default.asp). Mike Brown was invited down to Yuma a few months ago to participate in the 232nd anniversary of the Marines; he flew some air to air photo missions with LT Col Parkhurst and his men… very cool stuff. Ted Carlson took some awesome shots with the Tigercat and Harriers in formation.
                          I saw some really cool shots of Bossman from that flight. I believe the latest Flight Journal has him on the cover.

Anthony
                          "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

I asked Greg if he was flying upside down or had the photog posted his picture upside down. His reply was that he, in deed, was flying inverted at 200 feet. He was stuck in K Falls on the way back to Bellingham, but has arrived home. He is the CO of the EAA Warbird squadron I am in.
                            Betty

Comment

Roger
                              That number 3 shot

Comment

Working...
                              X