Hey 'Bear' fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey 'Bear' fans...

This is a shameless plug for a great guy, and a great artist.

For us 'Bear' fans, this is a must have!! It represents the amazing return of 'Rare Bear' to championship form. The culmination of hundreds of hours of work, blood, sweat, and even a few tears.

A great big 'Bear' thank you to Dave Mueller for capturing the moment and sharing it with us all.

Lonnie

Re: Hey 'Bear' fans...

Lonnie... you're absolutely spot-on here! Dave Mueller GIVES SO much to this sport! Asks nothing in return!

He actually painted the original version of the painting you posted to be like the paint job "was" to be... when time ran out and some were calling to bring her in primer, and the "painter" (term applied loosely ) did what we finally saw at Reno.. Dave REPAINTED the painting to reflect what was, rather than what might have been!

Damn!

And did I mention, he works strictly in oil and canvas and not photoshop??

Funny thing though, Dave had precious little to work with to come up with the original, now painted over, version of the prospective paint scheme...

All anyone had to "dream" with was a very bad set of drawings. Mueller's eyes were able to pull the detail out of the chaos of the drawings and when Rod saw the original, he said "that's pretty close" [to what he had in mind]

NOW... Rich Hillis is working on what the new paint will be and guess what...

I understand he's looking long and hard at Dave's original painting to go with what will be..

Life imitating art?? Art imitating life??

GIGA THUMBS UP for DB Mueller!!!

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

PS

I can't remember if Dave has prints for sale on http://dbmueller.com/ or not but.. I'm reasonably sure he has them.. I'd say, grabbing one of the painted over prints would ensure you'd have a collector's item in your hands!

Getting one of the original prints might well mean you'd have a look into the future in your hands! Getting the pair, getting them signed at Reno.....

PRICELESS!!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: PS

I'm pretty sure that the original design is also available. He had asked me which version I wanted, and I went with the 'as the Bear raced on Sunday' So I do believe both versions are available.

Rich has been very busy, and has made lots of progress striping the old stuff off of the 'Bear'. And crew members will soon be returning to Reno/Stead. I believe that 'Super' Dave may have even pulled in last night.

Lonnie

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        I can't remember if Dave has prints for sale on http://dbmueller.com/ or not but.. I'm reasonably sure he has them.. I'd say, grabbing one of the painted over prints would ensure you'd have a collector's item in your hands!

Getting one of the original prints might well mean you'd have a look into the future in your hands! Getting the pair, getting them signed at Reno.....

PRICELESS!!

Comment

I am the proud owner of one of the first ones in the original concept paint scheme. DB is the most gracious. as well as the most talented painter around. He not only signed it, but personalized it.
          Betty

Comment

Hey All - Thank-you for the kind words - and the shameless plug!!

Yep - I do have prints of both versions available - Limited Edition of 77 on each.

Not on my site yet, but I can be reached direct at dave@dbmueller.com
            for those that might be interested in sizes and prices.

And Many Thanks also to Paul & Charlie at Tuna Graphics who designed the scheme that the original painting was based on.....

Dave
            DB

Comment

I saw him first.

Comment

But did you buy?
                Betty

Comment

Yes ma'am. Got a room full.
                  I have to, he's my lil brother
                  Last edited by Danimal1; 03-13-2008, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X