P-51 Remembered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-51 Remembered

A friend emailed this to me I thought I would share it.http://www.grayeagles.org/video.htm

Re: P-51 Remembered

Originally posted by 70Mach1
    A friend emailed this to me I thought I would share it.http://www.grayeagles.org/video.htm
    Sadly, these are the last few years that anyone will ever be able to be in the presence of these men and women who were there during WWII. The Greatest Generation of American's are passing far too fast. That projects like this one are happening, that we can actually, touch, feel... talk to these heroes today is simply something that should be savored and supported in any way we can!

Someday, all we'll be able to do is look back and sigh...

I'd like to add to this a special thanks to all the AAFO.COM Reporters who find these priceless bits and bring them back here for all to enjoy!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

hands down the best looking fighter of all time....the p-51 mustang
      my great grandfather served in ww1
      both of my grandfathers served in ww2, one went on the beach in normandy. the other served in the pacific and atlantic fleet in the navy
      and my dad was an air crewman on a p-3 orion durring vietnam.
      its a shame that we dont have a record of the stories that they tell, what little bit that they will talk about anyway.
      Todd Smith

Comment

great story.. great way to start a morning...

J

Comment

That is an outstanding production. Thank you to everyone involved, especially our veterans. The air to air shots are spectacular.

Comment

Wow, what a great site. Thanks for posting this link.

Comment

I do remember my heros.

I was a snot nosed kid in a model airplane club next to the San Bruno (SFO) airport in 1961

Some of the members were in their 50's and 60's were either x korean and wwII pilots. They were quiet, honerable club members.... talking sometimes about their experiences.

One guy always had fresh band-aid wrappings around his lower legs from burns.

Another told of having pails of paint and painting fighters with the white bands of paint on their planes with brooms

I was in awe of these guys guys and have passed off these stories to many young people

They are gone now but the memories remain

Cool..... Bmarsh

Comment

Working...
              X