A few photos from my new 40D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few photos from my new 40D

A couple of shots from my new 40D. I've started the process of updating my lenses to go along with the new camera. The first one will be in my hands tomorrow. (Tokina Zoom Super Wide Angle AF 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124AF Pro DX Autofocus Lens) will be my first new lense in about eight years.

More to follow, I'm also still planing on going to the Capital Air Show over in Sacramento.

Lonnie

Re: A few photos from my new 40D

Heeey Lonnie... nice self-portrait!!

<ducks and runs>

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Enjoy, your going down the never ending path of more gear.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
        Enjoy, your going down the never ending path of more gear.

I've noticed this trend over the last year when I actually started to think that it was time to step up. Good thing I get another raise the first week of April. I haven't named my camera yet, but I feel that I should, it's very hungry. It keeps pointing out this really great stuff that would go great with it. It's like the camera has attached a vacuum to my wallet.

Lonnie

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
          I've noticed this trend over the last year when I actually started to think that it was time to step up. Good thing I get another raise the first week of April. I haven't named my camera yet, but I feel that I should, it's very hungry. It keeps pointing out this really great stuff that would go great with it. It's like the camera has attached a vacuum to my wallet.

Lonnie
          LOL Lonnie.. welcome to the club.. One thing I learned through all this spending over the years.. Do NOT skimp on glass! Treated well, glass neither wears out, or loses 90% of its original value... Skimp and then realize you should have gotten the "good" stuff first go round, you'll be stuck with glass that DOES lose value...

Over the years, I've replaced all the original "third party" glass that I used and went with Nikon... with the exception of my super wide 10-20 Sigma.

The 200-400vr that I bought last year would sell today for nearly what I paid for it... The D2X that I bought a year and a half ago is worth less than a third what I paid for it.. the D2H that I bought about 4 years ago now is worth only about 6-700 and I paid over 3500 for it!

Point being though.. get a good body that you like and stick with it, get good glass up front and then, at least, you will not be wishing you had gotten good enough glass to keep up with your good body... (my D2x REALLY showed flaws in "cheap" glass)

Special thanks to Lonnie and whomever else has purchased at the best online camera store ever, B&H via the links on the site!!!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Here a couple from a little walk I took today while the car was getting some new shoes. These were taken with the Tokina 12-24mm lens that I got this past week.

Lonnie
            Last edited by MMPerk; 03-08-2008, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Lonnie.. what's the body of water? I think I know (from my history there) but not at all sure these days...

Tegliea ponds???

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It used to be a big hole in the ground till the great New Years flood of 1997 filled it. After some debate and a lot of work, it was decided to turn it into the Sparks Marina, which is right off of Westbound I-80 in Sparks. Now instead of a pit, we have a small lake the is stocked with fish, and they even dropped a striped F-4 in the middle of it for divers. Oh and 1 bedroom apartments near the marina are now going over a grand a month. Also coming to the marina will Legends, and an IMAX theatre.

Lonnie

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                Lonnie.. what's the body of water? I think I know (from my history there) but not at all sure these days...

Tegliea ponds???

Comment

Working...
                X