No announcement yet.

Any Air Racing Teams based in Midwest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Air Racing Teams based in Midwest?

Greetings to all, it's been a long time since on AAFO. Been out of touch with teams, etc, and was trying to locate any Unlimited, T6 or other classes of planes/teams that are based in IL, IN, MO, OH. Any info would be great...

Re: Any Air Racing Teams based in Midwest?

Riff Raff is right here in the Chicago area, but Mike Keenum said he was retiring after last year, and the plane was/is for sale. We all know how many times people have retired and unretired in the past though.

Comment

Hot Off The Press is in Huntington Indiana. Rick Siegfreid (raced HOTP) has his racer somewhere near Aurora, IL. I think he used to race it. Tim Gillian I think used to race his T-6, and is also near Aurora. Tim's brother (I think) also used to race Reno, now he owns a Wildcat.

Comment

The once was the Blue Nose Group: Mary Bear, Queen Bee and Moonbeam.
        VL

Comment

TEAM ZIPPER AIR RACING located in St Louis, MO flying out of Creve Coeur airport.
          ZIPPER, formula one race #1, second finisher in the Gold for 2007, and currently stored in a trailer in Mojave awaiting pickup by it's new possible owner. the deal isn't done yet and if not, it will race again in 2008.
          ZIPPITTS, Biplane race #18, finished 8th in the silver final in 2007 after winning the first 2 bronze heats. Currently in St Louis undergoing speed mods (we hope!) and will definitely race again in 2008.
          Piloted by George "Zip" Andre, retired TWA, USAF, former Lockheed test pilot, airshow performer, and aerobatic competitor.
          sorry, no web site yet.....

Comment

I just remembered that there is a T-6 team at Creve Coeur airport in the St. Louis area. He raced last year in the T-6 class. His name is John Lomar.

chip

Comment

Working...
            X