Bear is Rare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear is Rare?

Anyone heard anything about the Bear. I haven’t seen nor heard if she is flying this year at PRS or if they are going to do anything before September. All is too quite!
    JetWaste

Re: Bear is Rare?

Hey Bear Fans

Work on the Bear is getting underway. You can expect to see several mods this year along with new paint. Our goal is to have some of the mods finished by PRS so we can test.

Stay tuned and look for an official update soon.

Seeyaontheramp
    Scotty

Comment

new paint.

is that a new paint layout or just new paint

Comment

New layout.

Lonnie

Comment

New layout.

Lonnie

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

If the drawing on the bears website is any indication of the "new look".... I for one like it. http://www.toyotaasg.com/login.php
            Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
              Toyota accessories....

Comment

I like the new one on the site..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff E
                  I like the new one on the site..

Rare Bear Image
                  That is a derivitive of Dave Mueller's pre-Reno work last year. He only had very rough idea drawings to work from and though time ran out and the "final" paint was not applied, we were told, at the time, that he'd gotten pretty "close" to what she'd look like.

Dave actually repainted the painting prior to RENO to look like she did there!

I used the cooler version plus a photo Mueller had taken of the logo on the airplane to freshen the look of the site..

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                    Toyota accessories....
                    OOOPPPS My bad. http://www.rarebear.com/ Some paople
                    Cheers

Comment

DB Muller has done an outrageous painting of The Bear from that concept. I purchased one of the first gicle versions, with a personalized autograph.
                      Just need to get it framed.
                      Betty

Comment

Don't care if she has paint or not, are the aero mods that proved to help except for the air inlet problems, which I heard they thought they could fix, (the leading edge cuff) gonna be restored, and is there progress on Lyle's ceramic coated injected engine? Reno isn't a beauty contest, doesn't matter how she looks, just how she hauls a....!

Ron
                        Ron Henning

Comment

Originally posted by Ron101502
                          Don't care if she has paint or not, are the aero mods that proved to help except for the air inlet problems, which I heard they thought they could fix, (the leading edge cuff) gonna be restored, and is there progress on Lyle's ceramic coated injected engine? Reno isn't a beauty contest, doesn't matter how she looks, just how she hauls a....! Ron
                          Hey Ron! There've been unconfirmed rumors of the leading edge mod going back on (raising critical mach) with boil-off cooling and cowl induction eliminating the wing root inlets. The cowl induction, based on others who've done it, is good for 3-5" of RAM rise, plus the fact that it only has to make one 90 degree turn down into the carb, versus four turns totaling 360 deg, stock. (root inboard, inboard up, then over the top and down into the maw of the supercharger) Another post said that Dave Cornell gets to build up a race engine "his" way, a la late 80s-early 90s. Everybody else better have their sh*t together, 'cause the Bear will be fast! Add fresh power on September Fury, Strega and the "gelding" of both Voodoo and Galloping Ghost, and Reno '08 is dripping with potential. (Kinda like oil from a "loose" r-3350.) How 'bout some more Phantom stories? P-) Thanks, Peas
                          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Peas: i went to look up "gelding" and Merriam-Webster came back with:

Main Entry: geld·ing
                            Pronunciation: \ˈgel-diŋ\
                            Function: noun
                            Etymology: Middle English, from Old Norse geldingr, from gelda
                            Date: 14th century
                            1: a castrated animal; specifically : a castrated male horse
                            _________
                            -Matt
                            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

I think he means that Voodoo and G.G. wont be D-cking around this year!
                              "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                              X