Video Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Test

Due to constant badgering by Fencleliner, (thanks Larry, I needed it) I have started some systematic tests of various conversion and compression factors to see how they translate to the web, DVD, etc. Many files will be too big to post here, but there is always Youtube. I think this might fit, so here's a teaser. It claims to be native format but seems just slightly elongated left to right to me.

Comments?
    Attached Files
    Bill Garnett
    InterstellarDust
    Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Re: Video Test

THAT... was AWESOME video! I've had problems uploading large clips to the site (via this board) even though it's set to accept them... not sure what the problem is but if you have more like that, and they wind up too long to upload, PM me and I'll set up an FTP access for you so you can get them on the server..

THAT was COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

That is fantastic. More! More! More!
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Very nice. DSL here, so make 'em huge!!

Comment

That was a real nice video! Was that shot on a tripod? It looks too stable to not have been, or at the very least a monopod.

Comment

I can make em longer but as I recall this site chokes at about 8MB. That's only good for a pass at a time. I guess I can work that out with Wayne though.

I've been experimenting with the different compression and size settings in Final Cut Express. The H264 compressor seems to work pretty well and is about 100th the size of uncompressed footage. Here is another copy of the same clip with the same compression but SD format (768x576) instead of what it claims in "native" (704x510). I think this one is the right aspect ratio. The prop circle is round.

I have not transfered any to DVD yet, but on my Apple monitor I can barely tell the difference between this compressed footage and uncompressed.

Yes I shoot on a tripod. The image stabilizer in this lens helps too. Canon XL2 with 20X L glass. The Fenceline stuff is mostly from a platform on top of my car. I need a new head on the tripod though. It's developed a flat spot in the pan that's bugging me. Any recommendations?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bill@Interstell; 02-21-2008, 12:45 AM.
            Bill Garnett
            InterstellarDust

Comment

How about a jet pass. I know... well here it is anyway.
              Attached Files
              Bill Garnett
              InterstellarDust

Comment

OK I'm going to try one that belongs on Nose Shots or Things that go Bump in the Night. It's 18.7 MB so I'm betting it won't make the leap into hyperspace...

Damn, 14 minutes attepting to upload, but no joy. "invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster" Wayne?

You would have liked it to. 2005, Strega running up nose on at night on the ramp with Curt Brown at the controls. Blue flames... pretty nice.
                Last edited by Bill@Interstell; 02-21-2008, 12:43 AM.
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust

Comment

Working...
                X