Nag Banquet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nag Banquet

The Reservation form onthe front of the Nag Newsletter had the wrong e-mail address for making reservations.
    The corrct one is:
    editornag@comcast.net
    Sorry about the error
    John Clark

Re: Nag Banquet

Can you post some info here? I went last year, and might be able to again.

Comment

NAG Banquet will be Saturday, March 1 at Francesco's in Oakland.
      The speaker will be Jon Sharp. Dinner will be at 7:00 Pm, preceded by an open bar at 6:00 PM. Dinner choices are Breast of Chicken Parmegiana or Roast Sirloin of Beef. Price is $30.00. Reservations can be made by contacting John Clark at 1200 Cribari Dr.,Modesto,CA 95358 or <editornag@comcast.net> or (209) 537-2531.
      There will be door prizes.

Comment

Greetings from "scenic Mojave".
        Well windy anyway...
        Patricia and I are honored to be talking about Air racing, and Nemesis at the annual N.A.G. Banquet! The N.A.G. organization has played such a large role in their support of Air Racing! The timing of the banquet is wonderful as it gives us all some air racing in the off season, very cool! We are looking forward to this event, as we have some videos to show, a few announcements to share with the group, and some "Neme-Wear" to add to the door prize list. Should be fun, hope to see you all there!
        Cheers,
        Jon and Patricia Sharp
        Kidney twins/Nemenoids

Comment

Thanks for the info. See you there.........

Comment

For those that were unable to make it to the NAG dinner, it went over very well. Jon held a very good talk, and covered Nemesis past, present, and future with a very nice Power Point presentation along with a couple of nice videos included. I think Patricia gets the credit for putting the PP program together. Thanks Jon and Patricia.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Cain
              For those that were unable to make it to the NAG dinner, it went over very well. Jon held a very good talk, and covered Nemesis past, present, and future with a very nice Power Point presentation along with a couple of nice videos included. I think Patricia gets the credit for putting the PP program together. Thanks Jon and Patricia.
              Thanks Roger, I was able to make it once, 2002 the year Charlie Tucker (and others!) spoke!

From what I understand, always a great event! Unfortunately, miles and MILES of the west coast between me and Oakland keep me from easily being able to get there..

Those of you who do manage.. PLEASE feel free to share your experience here as we did in 2002 when we were able to get there!

2002 NAG Banquet

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

This was my second visit, having attended last year also. Some of the people in attendance whose names I recognized were Pete Law, Will Whiteside, Bill Kerchenfaut (who won and wore a cool Nemesis ball cap), CJ, Dasher, Mike Luvara, Shawn, and a lot of people I didn't know. Had dinner with "Bob" from this board, but don't know his name on here.

Comment

As always, the NAG banquet is a nice off season get together. Attendance has been dwindling, but probably due to the event not being publicized enough.

Jon Sharp gave a great speech and signed autographed posters afterwards. Lots of great information and humor.

Kerch was inquiring about being a "Nemenoid"...

Michael
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Cain
                    This was my second visit, having attended last year also. Some of the people in attendance whose names I recognized were Pete Law, Will Whiteside, Bill Kerchenfaut (who won and wore a cool Nemesis ball cap), CJ, Dasher, Mike Luvara, Shawn, and a lot of people I didn't know. Had dinner with "Bob" from this board, but don't know his name on here.
                    Roger,

To close the circle for you, Bob posts as FedExBob here.

I was sitting next to Dasher at CJ and Will's table. The rest of the folks at table were Larry Rengstorff, Art Vance's sister Carol, and Dick Ogg and his wife.

CJ had some great survival training stories from his Air Force days and some Cold War stories.

A lot of fun.

Rob Miller (not to be confused with that other guy Bob).

Comment

Patricia and I want to Thank Everyone for coming to the N.A.G. Banquet! We are truly blessed and honored to be able to share the Nemesis and Air Racing stories with those present! It was AWESOME for us!

NAG has always been there to help an Air Race become an Air Race. They came up big time when Patricia put on the 2 Fox Field events, by providing timers, pylon judges, scoring, masses of volunteers, you know those things that seem to be transparent to all those who come to watch fast planes go around in circles. To my knowledge N.A.G is the only member operated Air Race support/fan organization there is.

We would also like to Thank Wayner and everyone on AAFO for giving a place for Air Racing to live 365!

The "Nemenoids" would like to challenge all the air race fans out there to join the National Airrace Group to support Air Racing. We have strength in numbers! Again we would like to Thank Frank Ronco, and everyone who helped make this event happen, and Congratulations for keeping a wonderful organization alive and well!

Lastly, Kerch looked AWESOME in Neme-wear. Hmmmm, big round engine, tiny NemesisNXT, Kerch... Hmmmm..... RRR!
                      Cheers,
                      Jon and Patricia Sharp
                      Nemenoids/Kidney Twins!
                      www.nemesisnxt.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                        We would also like to Thank Wayner and everyone on AAFO for giving a place for Air Racing to live 365!
                        Hey, without you guys and other folks willing to invest their lives into competitive aviation motorsport, we would not have a reason to exist!

The thanks goes to you and all who make this great, once a year, (for now) sport happen!

Really wish I could afford to be there every year and give the same level of coverage we did the year Charlie Tucker was there.

I sincerely HOPE I'm not too old now to have the energy to put out the effort, *IF* we ever manage to secure the budget to make it happen again (like we did then... unfortunately, all on credit, still being paid off to this day!)

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I would highley recemmend that you try to go to the NAG banquet it is one of my favriote events besides the air races. We had a lot of good speeckers like Frank Sanders back in 1984 , Skip Holm twice the first time he spoke he came in a camoflage spots coat classic . lot of history in this event also John Penny we used to have a model air plane contest and John got one and he took a butter knife and clip his wings so i highly recemend that you should make a affort to go to this.

All this best Shawn Aro

Comment

Working...
                          X