ugliest and prettiest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugliest and prettiest

OK guys, what's your input for the ugliest and the prettiest unlimiteds ever at Reno? Thoughts please...........
    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Re: ugliest and prettiest

I really can't think of an ugly plane, but Miss America ranks at the top of the prettiest list. I also really like Sprit of Texas, and it's not just because I'm a Texan I just like the flag on it.
    Last edited by tex-fan; 02-16-2008, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Miss Ashley II is definately one of the prettiest planes to grace Reno!!!

Comment

For me, choosing a prettiest unlimited is difficult. There are - and have been - many beautiful unlimiteds; I'm partial to polished bare metal airframes and there have been many of those over the years.

Choosing the ugliest is easy though, IMHO. Mr. Awesome, with the original tail (pre T-33) would be my immediate choice.

Comment

Ugliest- 1983 Furias
          Prettiest- Platnum Plus

Comment

Ugliest - Pond Racer
            Prettiest - Any Mustang of course!

Comment

Ugliest: Crazy Horse '71
              Prettiest: Georgia Mae '85

Comment

Originally posted by Eric B
                Ugliest- 1983 Furias
                Prettiest- Platnum Plus
                This was 1982 what was 1983?

Comment

I thought it was even uglier with the "turtledeck/razorback". Yuck
                  Sorry Mr. Hamilton. RIP
                  "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
                    Choosing the ugliest is easy though, IMHO. Mr. Awesome, with the original tail (pre T-33) would be my immediate choice.
                    I liked the way it looked. Kinda like a Super Mooney!!! Definitely had that '30s racer look.
                    Last edited by hm66sk; 02-16-2008, 07:32 PM.
                    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by hm66sk
                      I thought it was even uglier with the "turtledeck/razorback". Yuck
                      Sorry Mr. Hamilton. RIP
                      Yeah, I have to agree. The paint design was less than desirable too. Sorry Lloyd, we all still miss YOU though......

Comment

83 was the first year for Furias, un-painted. Made it to Reno but did not race.

Comment

Prettiest for me...well there are a few.
                          MAII
                          Stilletto -Color Tile
                          Sumthin Else
                          Strega-Skoal Bandit

Ugliest....I'm prolly gonna get flamed for this but so what. It's only an opinion right?

Current Bear (insert puking smiley here) Sorry..I'm just not feeling it.
                          Last edited by Red; 02-17-2008, 08:56 AM.
                          Red
                          chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                            Prettiest for me...well there are a few.
                            MAII
                            Stilletto -Color Tile
                            Sumthin Else
                            Strega-Skoal Bandit

Ugliest....I'm prolly gonna get flamed for this but so what. It's only an opinion right?

Current Bear (insert puking smiley here) Sorry..I'm just not feeling it.
                            You don't like the "swimmers" either? LOL! I like the colors, but the design is a bit undesirable.........OK, for me the prettiest planes (there are a few) are Voodoo, it just screams race with the checkerboard and all, and also the E.D. Weiner "Bardahl" planes for the same reason, checkerboard! Dago's debut in '82, brought racing paintjobs to a new level, and Sept. Fury's paint is nice, except for the wings, LOL! I also liked "Tsunami's" wave paint. There is always something special about polished planes like Miss Candace/Jeannie/Georgia Mae, and the nicest polished P-51 I ever saw, J.R. Sandberg's "Platinum Plus". Now the ugliest: There really is NO ugly unlimiteds, but if I have to choose it would be Stilletto's debut in '84, Jim Mott's "Mischief" complete with collegiate numbers, and (sorry Lloyd) "Furias". The colors were alright, but the design lacked appeal. I also didn't care to much for the '92 version of "Rare Bear" with the Thomason colors, (green) as Bear has traditionally always incorporated purple............next!

Comment

In regard to Furias,
                              Take a side view, using photoshop insert onto the gold field some big white Budweiser logos from the side of a hydro, and there you have the total reason for Furias' paint scheme.
                              Big spinner and bubble canopy was definitely the best look for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X