What's Next For Dago Red??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Next For Dago Red??????

Now that Dago Red has a new transport motor and is up and flying again, what is next for the storied racer? Dan Martin completed the last of the test flights today at Hollister and now the former champion will either be flown to Idaho or Utah. Lets all hope we see her burning up the course around Reno soon. Until then, enjoy the latest photos of this beauty. I want to thank Dan Martin and Terry Bland for allowing me the opportunity to shoot this great thoroughbred. It was more fun than any one person should have.

Dave
    Attached Files

Re: What's Next For Dago Red??????

Originally posted by paintboy
    Now that Dago Red has a new transport motor and is up and flying again, what is next for the storied racer? Dan Martin completed the last of the test flights today at Hollister and now the former champion will either be flown to Idaho or Utah. Lets all hope we see her burning up the course around Reno soon. Until then, enjoy the latest photos of this beauty. I want to thank Dan Martin and Terry Bland for allowing me the opportunity to shoot this great thoroughbred. It was more fun than any one person should have.

Dave
    Awesome! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What did I tell you Wayne..........................Things never change around here. LOL See ya around.

Dave

Comment

Nice shots.Thanks for sharing.It was nice having Dago in my back yard.

Comment

What did I tell you Wayne..........................Things never change around here. LOL See ya around.

Dave

Hey, no cryptic two way messages on here. That's what PM is for. Do tell.

Comment

Sweet pictures. Is it just me or, do you prefer the polished spinner over the painted one?
            "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

I was thinking the same thing - here's a vote for the polished spinner!

Comment

Originally posted by hm66sk
                Sweet pictures. Is it just me or, do you prefer the polished spinner over the painted one?
                Actually, I think the painted spinner gives her a really cool, completely "modern" look... sort of like painted bumpers versus chrome on newer cars...

I'd actually not put my finger on what looked so cool about Dave's shots, you nailed it.. it's the painted spinner!!

I'd like to personally thank Paintboy for getting these shots to us here at the hangar!! Dave digs deep into his own pocket OVER AND OVER to get the great A2A work he's been getting... often with little thanks from anyone...

BIG slap on the back to Dave for sharing this very unique and rare experience with us!!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It makes her look fatter but I think I like it as well. It's old school in a Modern way.

Comment

more pictures

Comment

I vote for the shiny spinner. I love shiny things.
                      Betty

Comment

Yeah, I prefer the shiny spinner too. But hey, I like cars with chrome more than cars with plastic bumpers, too....

The painted spinner *is* growing on me. It was just bizarre-looking when it first appeared in 06 (I think...).

Comment

The shiny spinner was cool, but I think the painted spinner makes her look more like a racer. Personal preference I guess. The reason for the painted spinner is the old polished spinner developed a crack on the back plate and it was significant enough that it needed to be replaced. This is one of the after market spinners from Romania (I believe) and is non-metal. Therefore, it can not be polished. I guess the next few months will determine the fate of Dago Red, and whether she is to return to Reno. Whether it is with a new owner or someone comes up with a race program is anyone's guess. I am keeping my fingers crossed. You can never have too many Mustangs turning the pylons at Reno. Did anyone notice the absence of any kind of credits and acknowledgements on the aircraft? Terry Bland's name, as owner, painted on the right side of the aircraft is the only name on Dago Red. She looks very generic, and clean.

Dave

Comment

They have also repainted the "kelp". It now fades from a lighter purple to a darker (original) shade.........
                            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

She looks very generic, and clean
                              Dave, thanks again, super effort... she looks as good as I've ever seen her!

Now if my dream could come true..

Rod Lewis owns a stock Bearcat and a RaceCat... wouldn't it be cool if he decided that having a stock Mustang and a Race Mustang was in the cards!

Lewis Energy Race Team!!!!!!!!

How NASCAR is that!

Two of the fastest airplanes ever, racing each other as team mates!!!!!!!!!

Sure is easy to "spend" OPM isn't it!!!!!!!!!

And again, from the bottom of my heart Dave, I know you do this out of pocket and I personally want to thank you for sharing here! Special thanks to one of the best sticks ever, Danny Martin, and to Terry Bland giving the OK for him to go up with you!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X