X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Harley made an airplane........

......would you fly in it?

Well, how about Honda?

Honda Aircraft Company is the latest venture in Honda’s drive to enhance the freedom of mobility.

Re: If Harley made an airplane........

Originally posted by WARPT

Well, how about Honda?

http://hondajet.honda.com/gallery/in...ction=EXTERIOR

Yeah, but RiceRocket flows off the tongue a lot better....oops, can I say that???
    No offense to anyone, honest

Comment

Did you know that the '1905 Wright Flyer' replica is powered by a 'Harley'? We had it at Nellis a few years ago.

Mike

Comment

a rice rocket would be sweet!
        imagine a import tuner scene that was geared twards general aviation
        mix that with these new "plastic" aircraft, could be the shot in the arm that general aviation needs
        Todd Smith

Comment

Honda is developing, testing, and building the Hondajet in the US.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
            Honda is developing, testing, and building the Hondajet in the US.
            Keyword: HONDA

Comment

If Harley made an airplane it would sound like Rare Bear

Brupp Brupp Brupp Brupp

Don

Comment

About 20/25 years ago, some one here in Tucson was developing/testing a Honda GoldWing engine transmission package for use in homebuilt aircraft. The idea was based on the GW's ability to pull 6K all day long.The trannie was in lieu of a variable pitch prop and its complexity/ maint. I read about it in one of the Aviation rags, and chatted with the guy at Ryan field a few times, never saw one...Would have sounded cool on take off...rgr...

Comment

If Harley made an airplane...........it would look like this.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIs45EByKNE

....and no thanks. To small for me.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderstangfan
                    a rice rocket would be sweet!
                    imagine a import tuner scene that was geared twards general aviation
                    mix that with these new "plastic" aircraft, could be the shot in the arm that general aviation needs
                    Ugh, the tuner crowd getting into aviation is the last thing we need. Although I guess they put wings the size of ultralights on their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                      Ugh, the tuner crowd getting into aviation is the last thing we need. Although I guess they put wings the size of ultralights on their cars.

Yeah and where would they put those huge amps, speakers, neon lights, etc. All that extra weight would kill the performance

Comment

V12 Jaguar powered 3/4 scale Spitfire......

Saw in a british newspaper around 10 + + + yrars ago, a "spit" with a jag motor..... on the first flight .... (quoting the news article... "it rotated, lifted off, the engine did a big hiccup, and the plane stalled and crashed , killing the pilot."

WITH ALL DO RESPECT TO INNOVATION.... the british have always been tinkerers .... and always will..... hummm

Any comments on this oops event..... the small photo showed the v12 and a/c nose, was absolutely beautiful..... until the first flight!!!!

Bmarsh

Comment

Early Jag motors were crap. Most of the XK-8s from the late 70s up through the early 90s had small block Chevy motors swapped in, many being swapped at the dealers before the cars were sold. I have often thought about building a street rod with an old Jag V-12. I would have valve covers made to look like Merlin parts, make a Merlin looking intake setup with fuel injection and a rear mounted cetrifugal supercharger setup.

Comment

Originally posted by WARPT

Well, how about Honda?

http://hondajet.honda.com/gallery/in...ction=EXTERIOR
                            Honda has been in the game for longer than most might think, they have been working with MSU Raspet, to bring their concepts to market since the 80s, they have the bucks and will produce a successful product

Mitsubishi MU-2 and Mu-300 Diamond were built in San Angelo, Tx. As we know the DiamondJet and Mu-2 were bought out by Raytheon, and are flown by the USAF as T-1A and civil version is the Beech 400A

Toyota, has sampled the market, built a prototype TAA-1, to date it appears that they are not going to enter the market. The configuration (design) for the TAA-1 was developed in Tx by my former company, and the prototype was fabricated by Scaled Composites.

These companies have a long term vision, not long into the future you might be boarding a Honda airliner.

On a side note for those watching the US VLJ programs, Adam closed its doors Monday due financial pressures. Hope they can find some bucks and put our fellow Centennial airport neighbors back to work. My thoughts go out to those that were laid off, I went through that with Piper back in the 80s, not fun.

Comment

thats why they work so hard to get more hp....so they can run more speakers and ground effect lights lol
                              i think a new formula 1 rule should be implemented so that they are all required to run gangster pipes on the exhaust
                              i agree the wings and all that crap is pretty obnoxious but some of those guys are getting some serious hp out of those 4 and 6 cylinder engines!
                              you think that a merlin could benefit from some modern fuel, ignition management technology
                              Todd Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X