Is the B50 airframe still at chino??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the B50 airframe still at chino??

Wouldn't it be awsome if we could get the kc99 from fox feild and the airframe of the B50 at chino that is missing a wing root and tail and of corse a boatload of money and make a B50 all the parts are there just need the skilled people and time all the guts are in the B50 and the props still turn on the KC99,I just hope thay don't scrap the B50 don't know if the deal for the 99 went threw or if the is still at fox feild

Re: Is the B50 airframe still at chino??

yes

saw it two weeks ago

Comment

I was at POF last may, and seeing all those airplanes in storage [awaiting some sort of resuection] sure made me wish a whole lot more people would have stored downed airplanes instead of scrapping them. Here's to hoping there are a lot more airplanes out there that can be restored to at least static.

Comment

There are plans at the POF to mate the B-50 fuselage, "Lucky Lady II" with a KC-97 wing and tail feathers to make a complete aircraft. Even though, aesthetically, they appear the same, it is still a massive engineering project and will only be restored to a static standard. The last I heard, they were just waiting on the funding to accomplish it. I believe they have most of the parts to complete the restoration.
        Last edited by dvddude; 02-10-2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

The front half of the fuselage is in Chino. The rear half and the KC-97 wings are in Valle, AZ.
          The museum would love to put the plane together, but it will require time and money. First, they need to get the front fuselage to Valle. This requires a 3-axle trailer. From there, several dedicated trips would have to be scheduled to perform the work as the majority of the volunteers and restoration folks are based in Chino.
          I don't know where this ranks on the list of projects, but last I heard, it wasn't on the top 10.
          Cindy

Comment

Working...
          X