The last B29 off china lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last B29 off china lake

Hello all does anyone know what is going on with the LAST B29 off chinalake I havent seen anything about it in a long time,I think it was the 90's I think and it went to the inyokern airplane museum or something like that,any word or info would be awsome,I can't recall if it was the plane that gave its tail to DOC ??.

Re: The last B29 off china lake

There have been posts in the last six months on the WIX board about the VERY LAST ONE there, but the folks in the know say that one aun't going anywhere soon. There are photos...

Comment

I've touched it...it's thrashed!!
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by Red
        I've touched it...it's thrashed!!
        Man, with some of the tin-bashing skills the Restoration Shops have now,
        with lots of $$$, they can rebuild ANYTHING.......from a rivet! OK..maybe
        a couple of longerons...(did I mention a WHOLE LOT OF $$$$.)

Comment

Originally posted by B52Hfan
          Man, with some of the tin-bashing skills the Restoration Shops have now,
          with lots of $$$, they can rebuild ANYTHING.......from a rivet! OK..maybe
          a couple of longerons...(did I mention a WHOLE LOT OF $$$$.)
          Yeah it's shot to hell......cut in half really. I guess with enough will it could be restored...BIG $$$
          Red
          chanting...400+

Comment

Ok I will try and stay up with you guys ,I am talking about the one thay took off the ploes and drug with a loader down or across china like blvd to a museum of some kind in the 90's it too was used for target practice I thought thay would at least have something started bye now.It was in airclassics or warbird int.sounds like you guys are saying there is a nother hulk still there shot to peises,and yes I was mistaken about the tail for doc,

Comment

Originally posted by h34race
              Ok I will try and stay up with you guys ,I am talking about the one thay took off the ploes and drug with a loader down or across china like blvd to a museum of some kind in the 90's it too was used for target practice I thought thay would at least have something started bye now.It was in airclassics or warbird int.sounds like you guys are saying there is a nother hulk still there shot to peises,and yes I was mistaken about the tail for doc,
              Oh I thought you meant the one that was still there. I have no idea about the one that was drug out. Interesting!
              Red
              chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by h34race

B-29 Doc is a restored B-29 Superfortress, and one of only two that are currently flying. Learn how to support the Doc's Friends organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell
                  There have been posts in the last six months on the WIX board about the VERY LAST ONE there, but the folks in the know say that one aun't going anywhere soon. There are photos...
                  Where can we find the pics?
                  "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Hello all I PULLED my head out and realised the Doc is the same plane I just didn't put it all in arow till I saw the pic'so DOC's web site thanks all for the refresher Bill

Comment

To the cleavage guys on this a/c board

[IMG]doc cleavage.doc[/IMG]

Bmarsh*

*hope this is allowed / if not i appologize

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Marsh
                        *hope this is allowed / if not i appologize
                        Apparently...not

Comment