Raptor at the races!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor at the races!

The Raptor's tentative schedule has been posted at FenceCheck and it has Reno! I know some of you haven't seen the demo in person yet so here is your chance

Maybe we can get Max to go around the pylons
    Last edited by RCoulter; 02-07-2008, 05:20 PM.

Re: Raptor at the races!

Sweeeet, I have wanted to see that plane for ages

Comment

There's some cool Raptor footage here from GOML!

Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
        Sweeeet, I have wanted to see that plane for ages
        That airplane is just SICK!

I've seen it now several times and each time, people just shake their heads in disbelief that they are actually seeing an airplane do what it's doing!

Glad it's OURS!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Who ever videoed that did a great job of eleminating
          the prop blur!! ou can't even see it!!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jscott1
            Who ever videoed that did a great job of eleminating
            the prop blur!! ou can't even see it!!
            Back in the day, I had a very nice Hi8 camcorder... it allowed me to set shutter speed to wherever I wanted it and adjusted accordingly.. My current camcorder, cost me much less, takes digital video, is much clearer but does NOT allow me (at least as far as I've been able to figure out) how to change shutter speed.. The clip I've attached (or attempted to) shows this to great clarity!

Errr... that didn't work.. here's a link to it.. http://aafo.com/vid/rare_bear_flight/rarebearflight.mpg
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The thunderbirds are also going to be there, this is going to be sweeeet

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                Back in the day, I had a very nice Hi8 camcorder... it allowed me to set shutter speed to wherever I wanted it and adjusted accordingly.. My current camcorder, cost me much less, takes digital video, is much clearer but does NOT allow me (at least as far as I've been able to figure out) how to change shutter speed.. The clip I've attached (or attempted to) shows this to great clarity!

Errr... that didn't work.. here's a link to it.. http://aafo.com/vid/rare_bear_flight/rarebearflight.mpg
                Cool clip, Wayne! When was that taken, and what kind of airplane was the photo ship? I assume that was John Penney flying it?

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
                  Cool clip, Wayne! When was that taken, and what kind of airplane was the photo ship? I assume that was John Penney flying it?
                  Pretty sure it was April '03, at Stead.. Was Penney flying.. Was COLDER than heck up at 10,000 !

Photo ship was "PhotoSeneca" out of John Parker's American Air Racing..

REALLY wish I could lay my hands back on my original digital tape!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    REALLY wish I could lay my hands back on my original digital tape!
                    What happened, did you lose it?

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
                      What happened, did you lose it?
                      Well, in effect, yes... I sent it off to the fellow who produced the Rare Bear video that year... Was supposed to get it back, didn't have time to run off a copy so... I'm empty handed...

Tried to track it down a few years ago but I can only contact the guy who did the vids via second party.. he has no email...

*sigh*

Anyway... Hopefully it didn't get taped over and will, eventually make it back into my hands...

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                      X