Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up late after a hard day thinking.. Just a question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up late after a hard day thinking.. Just a question....

This has been one of the hardest years I've had running this site.. I'll not go into specifics, just say, it's been a challenge. I'd thought those challenges were in the history bin and we were moving on.

Sadly, not true.

There are ways that folks who want to play by their own rules for their own gains can still get in and "do their thing"..

With this in mind, I'm going to ask a... rhetorical question..

If the mods and admin of this board were to reassign permissions to make everyone who had the privilege of posting messages and participating in the private message system to present a verified personal ID in private to the admins and mods, before they were allowed to post... totally private, only in view of the mods and admins...

Would you be willing to participate?

The way things are set up now, no matter how hard we try to keep it honest, it's still a system where someone who wants to play someone else.. someone who wants to use this system for their own gains, can play "someone else" get an AOL or hotmail account and gain access to posts/private messages and whatever else is available and use it to that end...

For whatever the reasons.. Not sure it's worth going into who does it and for why they do it. It's my job to "keep it honest".. and I've learned today... my system aint workin.

SO.. What would you think if.. you had to prove to me or one of the mods that your membership, no matter what your public "handle" might be, your ACTUAL EARTHLING name.. had to be proved to us (in private), prior to being able to use private messages, post messages.. in other words.. anything other than an unregged visitor can do.. (post pix, etc)

How many of you would offer up proof that you're who you say you are?

I personally think, MOST of you are honest and above ground enough to say you'd do it..

With above said.. and reiterating that I know MOST of you are completey honest fans and racers who just want to play nice and have fun....

This is just a QA thing... not an inquisition after all...

So..

How many would?

A very prominent photo forum I used to particpiate on, not long prior to selling out to a high paying buyer bought them out.. requested just this thing. REAL name, REAL provable ID or, user was history..

So..

Just an off the cuff, I'm really trying to de-stress and relax after a really taxing, completely disappointing (in terms of faith in human beings) day... question..

Would ya stay here and participate if you had to prove you were who you were, in private, to trusted admin/mod members, in order to be able to completely participate??

Nobody but the admin and mod staff have to know who you REALLY are.. but then, you would know, whomever you were talking with... SOMEONE on staff would know who they REALLY were..

Trust me when I say... to have to ask these questions makes me question the very existance of this entire place.. is it worth it to have to go through this with 1000's of honest members to weed out 1 or 2 persons who worm ther way in for their own gain??

Would the comfort of knowing you were always dealing with a real human and not someone acting as though they were someone they were not make it worth it for you to play??

Am I making sense??

Just ramblings from a guy who tries to be able to sleep normal hours but has a "project" that, far too many times, causes him to not be able to sleep, despite chemical (prescribed) aids to do so..

Can we ever make this place an HONEST place to play?

We had posts by the top racers this year, not long after a very hard race!

Pretty cool ey?

Nowhere else could you get this..

Would someone try to steal this hard fought privilege from a low budget site that's been working for over 10 years to gain the trust to get the players to come here on the "day after" and share their experiences with us?

See where I'm going?

So.

Will you guys all sign on for a REAL IDENTITY MEMBERSHIP??

I want your thoughts..

Want to KNOW the person you are conversing with is who they say they are?

I'm open for suggestions..

You'll note.. I've not mentioned any names here.. And, for now (no promises) I will not say what's brought it all to this..

I just want to be able to relax with my online friends, and know they can relax with theirs, comfortable in an environment of mutual participation in a shared passion..

Not a ruthless competitive battlefield where nobody knows who is who and what their motive are!

Not a rant, a question from the publisher...

My name is Wayne Sagar.. I always sign my posts, I am who I say I am, I may not always say what others like, but I'm always here and always am who I say I am..

I'm super stressed today and will, at the request of the moderators and members of this forum, remove this post and try to move ahead with no further thought of this message....

Man-o-man... wish this could all become a neat, fun thing to do again!

Sincerely,

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Up late after a hard day thinking.. Just a question....

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

My name is Wayne Sagar.. I always sign my posts, I am who I say I am, I may not always say what others like, but I'm always here and always am who I say I am..

Man-o-man... wish this could all become a neat, fun thing to do again!

Sincerely,

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne, I'm a noob to the site and a wannabe w/a severe Reno itch, but this has quickly become one of my favorite sites. Bluffman's tales.. all the images from BuckyD/Victor/all the others.. I'm lovin' it!! Moderated lists are a way of life on the Web, don't apologize, and don't let the bast**ds get you down! Do what you need to do.
    Dave Lyjak

Comment

Hey Wayne, what ever you think is best I'll go along with. This site has meant so much to me being as my Tex-Fan name implies I'm in Texas and will probably never be able to get to Reno. So AAFO keeps me up on the sport I love so much.

You might think about doing a time served deal; Like I've been here since 2004, I have NEVER posted anything the least bit negative about anyone or any company. I'm really me! Maybe a grandfather deal might work, maybe if you have been a member for say more than a year or so no sign up needed; less than that [or someone new] picture I.D. would be required;

The main thing is; Your site, Your rules! and I'll go along with you what ever you decide.

Comment

It's just words so why get so uptight? Do you really think you have to be accountable for what other people post here do you? It's just a message board.

I guess I just don't see the point. Maybe the people who take it so serious just need to step back and consider the context. Many people say all kinds of stuff when hidden behind the keyboard.
        Red
        chanting...400+

Comment

Hey Wayne,

Simple I'm in.

John Slack
          John Slack

Comment

Morning Wayne ~ I'm not sure exactly what triggered this, but you do whatever it takes to keep this site going. It's fun, informative and connects us aviation enthuiasts & speed freaks. Also helps spread safety information and updates on the racers. I have no problem providing any form of ID needed to help in keeping this site alive.

Thunder Mustang driver ( Cloudchaser427 )

Comment

"My name is Wayne Sagar"..

HI Waaayn.woops, wrong room...

I'm not really a noobie, just a several time a day lurker, cause I love what I can read about on this board..I seldom post as I never have anything to add that I think is of interest, but I do look forward to what others bring.. I'm on for whatever makes YOUR board work for you...rgr...
              Last edited by RGRSTNDGBY; 02-06-2008, 09:09 AM. Reason: add quotes

Comment

I'm in also...

Comment

Wayne...I am in of course...what did you think...that I am Santa Claus ?

http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

I trust you guys pretty well.

I'm not sure what kind of proof you want, but as long as it's not too intrusive I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Cheers,

Geoff S.

aka:
                    Geoff Sobering
                    sobering@gmail.com

Geoff Sobering's Corner of the Internet

Comment

Wayne,
                      What ever you need to do to keep this going.... My user name is me anyway.

Eric Burtner
                      Cheers

Comment

I remember a few years back they had an open forum on the Warbirds Worldwide website. They had nothing but problems like the ones you describe, until the whole forum was cancelled, and, shortly after, the magazine folded as well. All I can say is that I personally really enjoy this site, and if we can all pitch in to keep it alive, let's do what it takes. I just hope that personal ID info will put an end to all the BS that you(Wayne) have to deal with. Most low-lifes will probably find a way around this as well, if they want their way bad enough. So I am definitely in, and will provide the necessary info. I hope this place will be around for a long time - there is a lot of good in here! Keep the faith, Wayne. Don't let a few bad apples let you get down. Remember:
                        1) Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and your mother takes your temperature.
                        2) If you can keep your head about you, while all around you, everyone else is losing theirs, then you obviously don't understand the situation.

Comment

Hiya Wayne,

Its ok with me.

Ivan (who really is Ivan)

Comment

After trying to remember so many usernames for different forums, I always just sign using my full name now.

It's pretty hard to hide when your website is your name.

Comment

It's all about integrity and taking responsability for your actions, no one should have a problem with that, I mostly just look only few posts. Signing my name no peoblem.

Peter Bruneau

Comment

Working...
                              X