B&H Photo - New Sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&H Photo - New Sponsor

In our continuing effort to fund this site, we're going to give something new a try... B&H Photo has invited this site into their "affliate" program.. I've always been very leery of affliate systems because they rarely do anyone but the sponsor very much good... (lots of exposure for the advertiser, little return for the publisher)

That said, because we all seem to buy photo equipment from time to time, and a lot of us find that B&H is about the best there is to deal with.. (I've certainly spent my share there over the past few years!)... let's give 'er a try....

Way it works, if you are going to buy from them, if you click and search via one of the banners I've posted, or the link at the bottom of this page.. this site gets a very small cut of the sale as a payout for the referral.. (doesn't cost you a thing... err.. over the price of your camera addiction!.. nice!)

Seems simple.. we'll see how it works...

B&H Photo Video

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: B&H Photo - New Sponsor

why didnt you do this 3 weeks ago before i bought my new nikon digital. i could of helped you out a bit........ sorry
    bob burns
    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
    "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Originally posted by tow-3
      why didnt you do this 3 weeks ago before i bought my new nikon digital. i could of helped you out a bit........ sorry
      LOL... I was a bit surprised when I got the email asking if we wanted to join the program.. I think it's a new angle that B&H is trying... "Affliate" marketing has been around a while.. I actually regged to be an Amazon.com affliate a long time ago but never did anything with it... In reality, had I... a lot of books and stuff probaby gets bought there with inspiration gained here.. I could have had 1-2-3% of all those sales to fund the site.. Google was good to us for a while but has reeallllly tapered off.. so we have to keep eyes on the ball to try anything to keep the $$ flow from finding its way into MY wallet!

When the site first started... over a decade ago. (phew!) I was in my 40's, had a really decent paying job and this was just a new hobby...

It's alllllll different now!

Nnnnnneeeeeewaaaay!

Tanks for tinkin' of us!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

BTW... what Nikon did you buy??????
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

i bought a d40. I gave up taking serious pictures years ago, I realized i would never have the talent you guys do. With a new baby in the house i needed a digital and old habits die hard, i just could not buy anything but a slr. I really could not justify paying for the features to move up to a d80 or better. It was a real hard choice between the cannon and the nikon, but again, old habits are hard to break. so far I i really like it.
          bob burns
          ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
          "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Originally posted by tow-3
            I realized i would never have the talent you guys do
            Tow... I'm humbled by that statement!! But... At least, as far as my "talent" goes.. I truly think that anyone, if they really want to work hard for it, can get great images... As far as the camera level I use, it's a crutch...

I see pictures taken by Victor's son with a far lesser camera than I shoot and some of his shots (many of them) are a far sight better than what I manage on a good day!

I'm really loving the quality of some of the "amateur" work that's getting posted here lately!

I think the D40 is prolly a pretty darn good camera!

Glad you stuck with Nikon!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Maybe you can help get Victor a discount on this thing.

It's only $99k and Victor could shoot some eyelash closeups.

Hope the affiliate program works out. B&H is a good company.
              No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
              http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini
                Maybe you can help get Victor a discount on this thing.

It's only $99k and Victor could shoot some eyelash closeups.

Hope the affiliate program works out. B&H is a good company.
                Hey Wayner - Sell one of those through the site and pocket a Grand...

Comment

Working...
                X