Signal Sea Fury (Miss Merced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Sea Fury (Miss Merced)

I am researching information about my Uncle, Mike Carroll. I would be so interested in hearing from anyone who knew him, has pictures, really anything about him. After his death, my family was so devastated that he was a subject that we could not speak about. I was a child of 11 but Mike was a larger then life man. We adored him and spent many a day in his hanger. E.D Weiner was there too. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks so much!

Re: Signal Sea Fury (Miss Merced)

I sent the Irishpirate a scan of the September 1968 Sport Flying (Vol. 2 No.9) article on Mike Carroll's "COBRA II" (pages 24-27). There was a subsequent article on the P-39 project that followed in Sport Flying magazine within the next 3 or 4 issues. Does anyone have that article?

Also has anyone heard if the present owner of the #87 Sea Fury N878M, Eric Woelbing, from Franksville, Wisconsin will return the racer to Reno?

Thanks,

Lowell

Comment

Here's some info I found that may be of interest if you haven't seen it already . . . .

Last edited by Len Ashburn; 02-04-2008, 03:58 AM.
      Len_Ashburn@Prodigy.Net

Comment

Originally posted by irishpirate
        I am researching information about my Uncle, Mike Carroll. I would be so interested in hearing from anyone who knew him, has pictures, really anything about him. After his death, my family was so devastated that he was a subject that we could not speak about. I was a child of 11 but Mike was a larger then life man. We adored him and spent many a day in his hanger. E.D Weiner was there too. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks so much!
        This is my little contribution, I hope it be useful for you. Sorry for the size of the file, I don´t manage well this modern things.

Comment

Thanks so much but I couldn't open the file. Any advice. Anything anyone has to contribute is so very appreciated. Doesn't matter what it is! Thank you for the overwhelming responce! Keep it coming!

Michele Carroll McKitterick

Comment

Here's my illustration of Miss Merced, although when the racer was owened by Dr. Sherm Cooper.

Also 5-views can be seen at:

taichi, Japan

Comment

Thanks so much but I couldn't open the file. Any advice. Anything anyone has to contribute is so very appreciated. Doesn't matter what it is! Thank you for the overwhelming responce! Keep it coming!

I´ve change the format of the files, I´m not good with these computacional things, so it will take a string of posts, because of the size.
              I don´t remember when Igot these papers, but I think they have many details of the Sea Furies in USA. Here the 1st part of pages.
              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

page 005

Comment

page 006

Comment

page 007

Comment

page 008

Comment

page left blank
                          Last edited by taglialavore; 02-11-2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

page009

Comment

page 010

Comment

Working...
                              X