Suzanne Pleshette -P-51 race pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzanne Pleshette -P-51 race pilot

Just read where Suzanne Pleshette has passed away. What was the old 60's movie she was in where she flew a P-51D and another actor had a Bearcat and supposedly they were race pilots?

There was some good cloud chasing scenes in that flick with the two "racers". They used to show it on TV alot in the early 70's before I had a VCR.

Does anyone have a VHS or DVD copy of the movie? The title escapes me now. I could offer some good trades for a copy.

Re: Suzanne Pleshette -P-51 race pilot

I believe Wings Of Fire (1967) might be the [TV] movie you are speaking of.

John

Comment

That's it!

The two warbirds and the little bit of good flying footage was enough for my thumbs up, but then again I was about 16 years old the last time I saw it. Well maybe 1967 vintage Suzanne was worth a few points too...

Comment

I've been trying to get hold of this film for two years now. Tried every imaginable avenue and no joy!

I'd guess this site is the last hope for the true enthusiast.
        "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

That was Stan Kurzet's F8F-2 N618F and P-51D N5439V based out of Brackett Field, L.A. And yes, the movie was Wings of Fire. A friend of mine in Florida taped this film for me many years ago. Possibly aired on TNT. Unfortunately I seem to have lost my copy, but it I can find it we could very likely come to an agreement.

T J

Comment

Bad story but cool flying. Used to show it on the local "Dialing for dollars" afternoon movie now and then back in the early 70's.
            Anyone remember the Made for TV movie with David Jannsen called "Birds of Prey" about an ex. Flying Tiger flying a news chopper? I've been looking for that one!
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
              Anyone remember the Made for TV movie with David Jannsen called "Birds of Prey" about an ex. Flying Tiger flying a news chopper? I've been looking for that one!
              I got a VHS copy from Amazon.com

There is also a DVD version available

Good Flick!

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                Bad story but cool flying. Used to show it on the local "Dialing for dollars" afternoon movie now and then back in the early 70's.
                Man!!! Now your bringing back some memories! Wasn't that show out of the Sacramento area? And the host, I can see his face, but the name escapes me. And Suzzanne Pleshette, I had a BIG CRUSH on her when I was a kid! Memories................
                "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub
                  Man!!! Now your bringing back some memories! Wasn't that show out of the Sacramento area? And the host, I can see his face, but the name escapes me. And Suzzanne Pleshette, I had a BIG CRUSH on her when I was a kid! Memories................

You might be thinking of the one out of San Francisco that was on KTVU, Channel 2 during the 70's. The host was Pat McCormick. I still remember spending some of my Christmas vacations watching that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
                    You might be thinking of the one out of San Francisco that was on KTVU, Channel 2 during the 70's. The host was Pat McCormick. I still remember spending some of my Christmas vacations watching that stuff.
                    THAT'S IT!!! Pat McCormick! Thanks for the memory jog! I'll never forget that show.........
                    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
                      For those slightly older farts, like myself, the afternoon version came first, with host Mel Ventner

Comment

Anyone remember Captain Sacto? It was a b/w show I almost remember watching when I was like 5 in the sacramento area. If I remember right capt sacto flew a F-86? I think it was from the early 60's

Comment

Capt. Sacto!!! I remember that. I can't remember his real name, but the guy became a news anchor for KCRA in Sacramento. He retired a few years ago and they showed some of the old F-86 clips. Just stock F-86 footage.

I also remember the David Jannsen movie. It was pretty good. I guess this is the time of year when everyone starts looking for the movie "Cloud Dancer" as well!

Race 29
                          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                            Capt. Sacto!!! I remember that. I can't remember his real name
                            Race 29
                            Name was Mitch Agruss, found opening scene HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
                              I also remember the David Jannsen movie. It was pretty good. I guess this is the time of year when everyone starts looking for the movie "Cloud Dancer" as well!Race 29
                              And this time of year just BEGS for a viewing of "Gypsy Angels" starring Vanna White and Warlock. Here's a link to a trailer:

Watch movie trailers, tv show previews, and game trailers from the world's largest destination of entertainment previews!

Comment

Working...
                              X