X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have some fun with this

Good Sights and Sounds

Re: Have some fun with this

Absolutely beautiful!! It just doesn't get any better than that. The sound of 11 Rolls-Royce V-12s(can't forget the Griffons) at once, just awesome!!
    Too bad when you go to an airshow, you couldn't just hear the engine sounds and not the continuous banter of an announcer, or worse, the soundtrack from the movie Top Gun played way too loud. I know they're just doing their job, I guess you have to keep the kiddies entertained. I often wondered if they could toy with the idea of a (large?) section of seating or viewing area where only emergency broadcasts could be heard. Or does anyone else see the need? I always figured if you had a copy of the schedule, and a good program book full of the info on the aircraft, what more could you need? Am I way off base here, does anyone else have any thoughts? I am glad to see Youtube and other sites posting all of these airshow vids. There are virtually endless show segments to watch. Cheers!

Comment

That was very cool. Thanks for posting the link.
      Cheers

Comment

I beleive the Griffons are Rolls as well so you were correct with your statement of 11 RRs in the bunch. What a fine bunch of airplanes, thanks for posting. That site does a good job with aviation videos.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang5151
          Absolutely beautiful!! It just doesn't get any better than that. The sound of 11 Rolls-Royce V-12s(can't forget the Griffons) at once, just awesome!!
          Too bad when you go to an airshow, you couldn't just hear the engine sounds and not the continuous banter of an announcer, or worse, the soundtrack from the movie Top Gun played way too loud. I know they're just doing their job, I guess you have to keep the kiddies entertained. I often wondered if they could toy with the idea of a (large?) section of seating or viewing area where only emergency broadcasts could be heard. Or does anyone else see the need? I always figured if you had a copy of the schedule, and a good program book full of the info on the aircraft, what more could you need? Am I way off base here, does anyone else have any thoughts? I am glad to see Youtube and other sites posting all of these airshow vids. There are virtually endless show segments to watch. Cheers!
          We always go to the pits end of the field at Reno, no speakers just raw racing noise! You can tune into the 97.7 fm radio station if you like to hear the play by play from the announcers...just make sure you have headphones so you don't share with the rest of us.....lol
          Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

thanks for that I was there on the day with my father - born in1933 he remembers seeing formations of fighters and bombers flying over on ther way to missions- their were tears in his eyes that day at Duxford last year!

Comment

My thanks also to the OP for putting up that link. Seeing that big formation with all of the fighters and the Lancaster go by, I thought of Churchill's quote:

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

Truer words were never spoken...nice to see all that history still in the air some 60+ years later.
              Mark Johnson
              Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Got to get as far away from those stinking speakers as you can. I , too, just don't get the idea of music playing over airplane noise...don't make no sense...
                ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

Thank you. That was wonderful.

Comment

AWESOME! I got goose bumps watching that!!!
                    Thanks for posting it!

Comment

Working...
                    X