Historic Pylon Bar - History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Pylon Bar - History

Charlene Aero has checked in with the story we never wanted to hear...

Special thanks to Shawn and Charlene Aero!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Historic Pylon Bar - History

I used to RV to the HILTON and stay
    at the KOA. It's also gone and the service in 07 sucked.
    I'll stay in Fallon this yr

Comment

Well that REALLY sucks to hear. Even though I'm not a Reno resident any longer, I still miss getting the air race thrill in the off season, by hitting the pylon bar.

I am glad to hear the planes were given back to the owners, and will have a chance to be displayed again some place ells, and not stuffed in some dark back corner gathering dust.

Just to pitch this out there for yall...

Who is willing to pitch in and and start a new Pylon Bar fund? We can do it up good. Grand stand seating, planes comming out of the walls and hanging from the cealing. 55 gallon drums (cut down) for tables, and painted red and white with Reno on them. I bet we could get lots of memories served up there and would be the place to hang out. All we need is location, location, location, and money... lol

Wolfee

Comment

I'll stay in Fallon this yr
        There's always Bordertown RV park. Decent resturaunt, hookups, only about 3 miles north on 395. Ya miss the traffic on the freeway heading into Reno. And the planes fly over in the evenings.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I love that idea Wolfee!
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

It´s a shame. Instead of closing it, the Pylon Bar had deserved to be improved. I never liked the adjacent area for sport bets or whatever that was. And in the last few years it was usually not really crowded in the bar - even in race week. So I can believe that something had to happen to earn money with it. But we had a lot of nice conversations there. Some with people we´d never had the chance to meet in a privat environment anywhere else- very interesting. Sad, that it´s gone.
            Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

Lots of good memories in that place over the years!!! Lot's of rounds bought and drank and a hell of alot of hanger flying....met people from all over the world...
              When I win the lottery I'll take Wolfee up on his idea...sounds good to me!!!
              Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

Lots of good memories in that place over the years!!! Lot's of rounds bought and drank and a hell of alot of hanger flying....met people from all over the world...
                When I win the lottery I'll take Wolfee up on his idea...sounds good to me!!!

p.s. Can we put some Harley's in there too????
                Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

There's a stage next to it now, between the bar and Johnny Rocket's.
                  You could'nt have a conversation on that end of the building if you wanted to if the band is playing!
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                    There's always Bordertown RV park. Decent resturaunt, hookups, only about 3 miles north on 395. Ya miss the traffic on the freeway heading into Reno. And the planes fly over in the evenings.
                    That's the only place I'll stay! I just throw up a tent on the lawn behind the office. The folks there run a great operation.

Kevin

Comment

That's really a shame! What a great piece of Air Race history down the drain. Has anybody thought about a new "meeting and debriefing" hangout bar for us? Anybody have any ideas?

Comment

What's gonna happen to the mural??!!!
                        "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

there is a email adress in the story send your questions to that. Shawn

Comment

The bar is now a hick bar with very young dancing waitresses.

The AMSOIL racer is sitting on the grand theater stage right next to the old Hello Hollywood Hello airliner.
                            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky
                              The bar is now a hick bar with very young dancing waitresses.
                              Yes, but are they CUTE dancing waitresses?
                              "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Working...
                              X