8th Advanced World Aerobatic Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th Advanced World Aerobatic Championships

In just under eight months, the 8th Advanced World Aerobatic Championship will be held on US soil in Pendleton, Oregon from August 1st through the 10th. All those involved are excited to be taking part in this world stage event.

The AWAC 2008 Organizers has been hard at work in recent months getting the foundation for the event put together. We are now at the stage where we can use the help of volunteers from the aviation community.

If you would like to help out in this event, we would love to have you on board. There are many, many different jobs that need to be done to make this a successful event.

There is no aerobatic contest in the world that can be pulled off without an army of volunteers. Even if you can’t be there the full ten days, any portion of the event that you can help out with will be greatly appreciated!

We are also looking for additional sponsorship dollars. You can donate individually at our website, we are a 501(c)(3), or if you can help with corporate donations, we want to talk to you!

Please contact me for more information or to offer your services.

See you in Pendleton!
    John Smutny

Re: 8th Advanced World Aerobatic Championships

Holy COW! This is literally in my "back yard"!

Let me see what's on my calendar for that month.. I'd like to get over there to, at the very least, take some pix.. If I can help out in any way and still make it work, I'd be happy to give it a shot..

And to think, before this, all I had to remember Pendelton by was a shirt and a rodeo!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      And to think, before this, all I had to remember Pendelton by was a shirt and a rodeo!
      Don't forget that fine Pendleton Whiskey!

There is a regional contest in Pendleton every year. This year it will be June 19th through 21st. Watch www.iac77.org for details.
      John Smutny

Comment

Originally posted by eagledriver
        Don't forget that fine Pendleton Whiskey!
        Hummn... I'm actually more of a fine "beer" fan but... a bit of good Whiskey prior to washdown with good beer is, after all, one of the finer things in life!

Did not know they brewed up that way??

Inquiring minds want to know.. tell us more!!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          Inquiring minds want to know.. tell us more!!

Discovered during the acro contest a couple years ago.

John Smutny

Comment

Working...
          X