Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel

I was just looking at the new Audi R8 they are going to put a 6L TDI in it. Here are a few interesting facts its going to be a 60 deg V putting out 500Hp and 737F/Lb of torque at 1750 rpm. I think this would be sweet in one of the Thunder Mustangs, I wonder what Mr Parker would think? Diesel Anyone?

Re: Diesel

Originally posted by Desertrat
    Diesel Anyone?
    Make mine red. Thanks

Comment

Forgot to mention it's a V 12

Comment

Originally posted by Desertrat
        I was just looking at the new Audi R8 they are going to put a 6L TDI in it. Here are a few interesting facts its going to be a 60 deg V putting out 500Hp and 737F/Lb of torque at 1750 rpm. I think this would be sweet in one of the Thunder Mustangs, I wonder what Mr Parker would think? Diesel Anyone?

Wonder how much it weighs? And with THAT rated power at given RPM, you could probably do away with the oft-troublesome reduction gear!
        A Diesel at Reno, very interesting
        In 1952 a turbo-diesel powered Indy car took the pole for the annual Indy 500 race. It set a new track record and people were shocked to learn it had a diesel in it - actually a modified bus engine!! It would have won the 500 race handily, but alas, shredded rubber from poor tires(by todays standards) filled the turbo air intake, knocking it out of the race. But it showed what a diesel is capable of.
        History lesson over - Have a beer

Comment

Originally posted by mustang5151
          Wonder how much it weighs? And with THAT rated power at given RPM, you could probably do away with the oft-troublesome reduction gear!
          A Diesel at Reno, very interesting
          In 1952 a turbo-diesel powered Indy car took the pole for the annual Indy 500 race. It set a new track record and people were shocked to learn it had a diesel in it - actually a modified bus engine!! It would have won the 500 race handily, but alas, shredded rubber from poor tires(by todays standards) filled the turbo air intake, knocking it out of the race. But it showed what a diesel is capable of.
          History lesson over - Have a beer
          737ft/lbs torque at 1750rpms is ~ 245HP. The 500hp must be from higher in the rpm range.

Found this link that suggests it's at 4000rpm:

News article on Jalopnik
          Last edited by shadow; 01-15-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X