Blue Thunder II News Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Thunder II News Update

You can follow the progress of the "Road to Reno" that is going on at John Parker's American Air Racing via news updates there...

One just up!

Link HERE

Great racer, great crew, they need our help now more than ever!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Blue Thunder II News Update

Go Get em John ~ excited about your new project.
    Still think you should loose the radiator scoop & chop the canopy. Make her "uncatchable" (smirk).

Pulling for you ~ Solo

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudchaser427
      loose the radiator scoop & chop the canopy.
      Like this?

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

AWESOME as always Victor!!!
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudchaser427
          Still think you should loose the radiator scoop & chop the canopy.
          Well... Solo, Victor and I all think alike. I know there are others. John's crafty so we will all have to wait and see just what he does. I still wonder how fast a 1000hp + TM will go. That would definitely be some rapid travel.
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

I asked John about a canopy and scoop mod once and he said something to the effect that yes, he'd like to do that but $$ were all that kept him from it....

Now..

Starting from a clean slate, as they, sort of, are....

Speed gained from slick is "free".... at least, once the initial investment to get "slick" is done..

It is then always there and it will from the moment you add the slick on, always take less engine power to gain a given speed...

Do we here have the power to make it happen or, at least help???

We have over 3,000 visitors daily through this site.. some repeat, some first time, some come-and-go and never return....

Sure would be nice if AAFO.COM REALLY earned out sticker on the new BTII !!!!!!!!

John's got a button!

The Nemesi' are going to need somebody to dig deep to compete with their slickness....

And the fun begins!!!!!!!!

Reno '08... the best yet!!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I like your way of thinking guys,as we know John will get all he can out of blue 2,its just the Parker way .Blue 2 will be a contender what ever john does with it!!!!!!!!!!Fast, rapid, whatever you want to call it,it will go like stink!!!!!!!! Jim A
              Last edited by rc38pilot; 01-15-2008, 09:48 PM.
              Jim Adams
              Blue Thunder 2 crew
              Picabo race 51 crew
              Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

When I spoke with John a few weeks ago regarding the mods (trying to plant the seed) he said that he wanted to keep the new "Blue II" a two place airplane to allow for demo rides and other promotional opportunities. My personal feeling is that as slick as a stock Thunder Mustang airframe already is a few more mods would definitely make it a record setter (again). Use one wing for fuel and the other for ADI, Nitrous bottle in the back seat along with the boil off tank, loose the flaps too ~ (yum).

Comment

I have long pitched the idea of a racing canopy. Use the same rails and the same front seal but have it go back instead of bubble out. John sits low and is a shorty. He has like 3 feet of head room and 2 feet on each side of his head. I think his response was something like "Sounds good, will you fund it?"

Like we've said. He is crafty and it will be very fast. He also believes in the TM and has always keep the outside fairly stock. It is just hard not to imagine the little blue scoopless mini-Strega.
                  Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Yes, a lil mini Strega would be perfect ~ Also George Giboney's Thunder Mustang with it's new superchargers is flying and should be ready to play at Reno this year. Looking forward to hearing the great sounds. Thanks again Victor for the great pic. Maybe John will make a screen saver out of it.

Solo

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                      Well... Solo, Victor and I all think alike. I know there are others. John's crafty so we will all have to wait and see just what he does. I still wonder how fast a 1000hp + TM will go. That would definitely be some rapid travel.

Bill, I am not sure anyone caught on to that comment , But I am sure this yeat at PRS people will understand!
                      Chris Moldenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp51man
                        Bill, I am not sure anyone caught on to that comment , But I am sure this yeat at PRS people will understand!
                        I was being sly. You the man Chris.

I think they can piece it all together.
                        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Yes, there will be another very fast G.G. Mustang besides The Ghost.

Comment

Hey, I got it too (ha ha), read my prior post regarding GG

Should be great fun

Solo ;~)

Comment

Working...
                            X